Honored Contributor

My Grandson Wants ME To Take Him Bday Shopping!!!!!

Our older grandson turned 14 today.  We'll have the family birthday party and meal next weekend since his mom will be in another state for a work shop.

He wants ME to take him shopping!!!!!    At Christmas he told me my gifts are always "the best" even though he always gets technology!  This will be new!

Honored Contributor

Re: My Grandson Wants ME To Take Him Bday Shopping!!!!!

Get your wallet ready.  He knows Grandma buys the best gifts.  It may be a nice outing for the two of you and something he will remember always.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Get your wallet ready.  He knows Grandma buys the best gifts.  It may be a nice outing for the two of you and something he will remember always.

@Katcat1 Thanks.  He knows I taught and am retail now, but no clue that I'm a stylist or even what a "stylist" is!

Honored Contributor

I think it is so nice you and your grandson will be bonding and shopping, why not!  Every moment spent with the grandchildren is uplifting and joyful.  Have a good time and cherish it all as they grow up so quickly!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Enjoy it.  It will be a great outing for the two of you.  Nothing is more fun for teens than shopping and lunch!  He's already told you that you buy the best gifts, so dust off that credit card.  You have a reputation to uphold.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I think it is so nice you and your grandson will be bonding and shopping, why not!  Every moment spent with the grandchildren is uplifting and joyful.  Have a good time and cherish it all as they grow up so quickly!  

@spiderw Thank you.  We bond quite a bit.  I'm teaching him to cook.  At Christmas he made homemade marshmallow fudge.  It was very good and creamy!  (His dad, our son, never wanted me to teach him to cook and here I was putting students into well known restaurants, although, those weren't my favorite courses!).

Honored Contributor

ECBG

I married someone who loved to cook and I didn't.  He never minded making meals but I always cleaned up after.  I think it a good idea for men to cook even if it is once in awhile!

Are you a teacher?  You mentioned students and restaurants, I hope you do not mind me asking.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Our older grandson turned 14 today.  We'll have the family birthday party and meal next weekend since his mom will be in another state for a work shop.

He wants ME to take him shopping!!!!!    At Christmas he told me my gifts are always "the best" even though he always gets technology!  This will be new!

You will have a wonderful day.  I've been taking my grandson who is now 16 shopping for the last few years especially at back to school time and I love every minute of it.  I folllow his lead and when we get home with our purchases its fun to see my daughters face, it's the I don't believe you bought him that jacket or boots etc. (meaning expensive) Bring your credit card for sure.

Respected Contributor

I don't have Grandchildren yet but already told my DD get ready. My DD had many lessons of things she was interested in and those things are expensive. Electronics are good so they can learn and hope he can teach his parents or you more. He probably is so excited to pick out his birthday gift & lunch date, so cute enjoy your day. 

Trusted Contributor

Hilfiger has some cool, very stylish, colorful light weight jackets for spring.

Can I join you and your grandson?  Sounds fun...