Respected Contributor

Re: My Fur Baby Passed this Morning

@Sweet Caroline 1  Thank you for your kind post. It is appreciated.

Respected Contributor

Desert Lily:  My heart aches for you.  I have lost my beloved cat Boom Boom at 18 (she died in my arms) and my beloved dog Penelope, who was also 18.  I know that it feels like your heart has been ripped out but remember all the good times you had and that Emmy was loved and protected and had a wonderful and cherished life. May she run through the beautiful fields up above and meet with all those who have passed and may she look down on you and always be your angel.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily   I'm so very sorry and I understand since I had to put my 16 year old dog down a week ago. 
  When we've had their companionship so long it's like loosing a family member not a pet. 
   I know they remain in our heart, but it's so sad without them! Take care!       ❤️

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and family member Emmy.

No matter how long we have together, it is never long enough, which is a testament to the depth of our love.  I know that the good memories you made together will be a comfort to you.

I truly do believe that we will be together again with those who live in our hearts.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Thank you to all for your thoughtful support.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry......

Respected Contributor

i am so sorry for your loss. 

Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily  I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's something that, so quickly, they transition from "pets" to being "family!" My sincere sympathy.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @Desert Lily , I know how very painful it is to lose our pets. And their unconditional love and companionship.💔

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry!

Loosing a pet is one of the most personal and intense kinds of grief, in my opinion. 

Society understands and supports the loss of our fellow humans, but most people don't understand how deeply some of us mourn our pet losses, how long we grieve, and how even decades later, we can cry over still missing them. 

The only comfort I get or can give when loosing a pet is that there is a job well done in giving an animal a safe and happy and warm existence while they were here. It's something so many of them never know.