Esteemed Contributor

Its concerning that the dogs family knew this dog has a biting problem, and still decided not to secure it in a kennel or room away from all these people who were in the house. 

I'd go to the doctor and I'd be honest. If this were a real friend they wouldn't have requested your friend not seek medical treatment. 

A relative got bit by a cat, ended up with an infection had to go get several shots over the period of a couple weeks I think it was.

If your friend doesn't seek medical help, she is basically putting this dog, who already bit 2 others, before of her own health. Shouldn't happen. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I texted my friend...no reply. I am afraid that she didn't go to a doctor and didn't want to deal with my nagging her to reconsider. Her friend (the grandmother of the biting dog) tried to minimize the attack. I don't want to sound like a bitter pill but as a friend, I would never put a biting dog's welfare against my human friend's health.

P.S. I just got an email from my friend. She did NOT mention the dog bite. I'm convinced  she decided not to seek medical attention and is too embarrassed to tell me. I'm a bit miffed because she called me about this quite late, kept me on the phone for an hour discussing her quandry while I was trying to deal with my husband who has Alzheimer's. I wrote back simply asking how her leg was doing.

Guess after the initial shock wore off things were not as bad as it seemed.  Glad it worked out for everyone

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

A real friend, a TRUE friend would have made sure she saw a doctor ASAP.  I sincerely hope she sees and understands this. If not, help her to.

Agreed!  Bottom line, this friend is choosing to protect the dog over the health of her friend.  Not much of a friend. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

I texted my friend...no reply. I am afraid that she didn't go to a doctor and didn't want to deal with my nagging her to reconsider. Her friend (the grandmother of the biting dog) tried to minimize the attack. I don't want to sound like a bitter pill but as a friend, I would never put a biting dog's welfare against my human friend's health.

P.S. I just got an email from my friend. She did NOT mention the dog bite. I'm convinced  she decided not to seek medical attention and is too embarrassed to tell me. I'm a bit miffed because she called me about this quite late, kept me on the phone for an hour discussing her quandry while I was trying to deal with my husband who has Alzheimer's. I wrote back simply asking how her leg was doing.

Guess after the initial shock wore off things were not as bad as it seemed.  Glad it worked out for everyone

Nope.

It didn't work out for everyone.

Her friend was still bit.

There is a dog that still bites.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

Nope.

Stuff happens....  Next time people will know how to avoid the situation and everyone will be safe.  This constant need to seek revenge gets old.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

Nope.

Stuff happens....  Next time people will know how to avoid the situation and everyone will be safe.  This constant need to seek revenge gets old.

Revenge?

Maybe I read too quickly, but I don't see anyone seeking revenge of any kind.

Telling the woman to seek treatment and suggesting the dog get training?

I would want to see the dog's shot record.  If you think that's vengeful, tough.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

Nope.

Revenge?

Maybe I read too quickly, but I don't see anyone seeking revenge of any kind.

Telling the woman to seek treatment and suggesting the dog get training?

I would want to see the dog's shot record.  If you think that's vengeful, tough.

If several days later the person has moved on, perhaps it would be prudent if you did also.  Shock will often make situations appear much more serious than they are.  Hindsight, for most, is much more practical.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC - unkind, baiting, argumentative

Valued Contributor

Your friend needs to be seen by a dr.  I love dogs but her health is much more important.  If in fact this dog has a patterm of biting, that needs to be addressed.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

Nope.

@CrazyDaisy 

I don’t see how ‘people’ will know how to avoid the situation and everyone will be safe ...

If anyone new comes in they won’t know, especially as the family isn’t taking precautions, and the dog isn’t getting help.

No revenge here, no need to peruse that wild hare.

My concern is ALL for the dog, who without guidance, is on a sad pathway.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras