Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey Noel!  Unfortunately, they don't open like that anymore.

Also, I might add, they are much more difficult.  

You DO pull off that strip, as best you can, anyway, so that you can expose the seam.  Then you need to take a spoon and try to push it over one side of the seam to make it 'pop' open.

I learned that no amount of banging it on the corner of the counter would work anymore and one day I finally read the label and it explained this.  Smiley Happy

How new is this? I know the spoon instruction has been on the container for quite sometime, but I still hit them on the counter edge and they pop right open. Did it with a container just this past weekend, 

The key is to make that seam come right into contact with the counter edge. I wonder if some types of counter top or shapes of the edge has some limiting factor in the success it will have. But I still get them to open the old way.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Toppers Smiley Happy

I loved those!  In fact, I kept years worth of the Pillsbury books and the Betty Crocker books.  They had great recipes!  And theme parties, one I used to fix every summer when the kids were little.  I keep some in a bookcase and others in a grocery bag, there are so many.  They are still fun to look through.  One was a cake or something made with Whoppers, they loved that one. 

Did you know Betty is online?  Lots of great recipes there.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @Toppers Smiley Happy

I loved those!  In fact, I kept years worth of the Pillsbury books and the Betty Crocker books.  They had great recipes!  And theme parties, one I used to fix every summer when the kids were little.  I keep some in a bookcase and others in a grocery bag, there are so many.  They are still fun to look through.  One was a cake or something made with Whoppers, they loved that one. 

Did you know Betty is online?  Lots of great recipes there.

Hi @Noel7  Smiley Happy,

Oh yes, I know that both Betty and Pillsbury are online.

I get their recipes in my inbox all of the time. I love those recipes, as they are easy.

As I have gotten older, I really like to make recipes that you can pretty much put together with ease, and that don't require a lot of preparation or ingredients. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Toppers

I get them in email, too.  We have a lot of great cookbooks, but I tell my daughter, if she is going to try something new (like a pot roast), see how Betty does it so you can have an idea of the basics.

Honored Contributor

I too now have used the straight end of a large spoon to pop those devils open. Now and then I still smack the tar out of those containers. It does a body good! LOL

Respected Contributor

All this biscuit talk....now I want recipes to try! I've never used them other than with a pat of butter. 😄

Honored Contributor

Re: My Disaster

[ Edited ]

@Mustang Shar,

SAVORY CRESCENT CHICKEN SQUARES

3 oz. package of softened cream cheese

3 Tbl. butter (2 T. & 1 T.)

2 C. Cooked chicken, cubed

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. pepper

2 Tbl. milk

8 oz. can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls

3/4 C. crushed Seasoned croutons

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Blend cream cheese and 2 T. butter till smooth.  Add next 4 ingredients and mix well.  Separate Crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal.  Spoon 1/2 C. meat mixture into center of each rectangle.

Pull 4 corners of dough into the center of the chicken mixture, twist slightly and seal edges.  Brush top w/reserved 1 T. butter and dip in crouton crumbs.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.  Optional: Heat a can of mushroom soup with 1/2 C. milk and serve with the squares if desired.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal

Thank you

Valued Contributor

I use crescent rolls to make a veggie pizza.  Spread the dough out flat on a baking sheet, pressing all of the seams together.  Bake the dough and let it cool.  Spread with dip - I prefer Marzetti Southwestern Ranch.  Then top with a mixture of finely chopped veggies - raw broccoli, onion, raddishes, shredded carrots, and whatever else you may like.  Top all with shredded cheddar cheese.  Chill several hours, then cut in squares and serve.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

This thread reminds me of that story about the lady who was sitting in her car in the grocery parking lot holding her head. The roll container had popped open and hit her in the back of her head....she thought she had been shot and put her hand up to her head and thought the squished rolls were her brains coming out! She was afraid to move and was asking for people to call 911. I guess sometimes they open up all by themselves!