Valued Contributor

Re: My Cookies Made in Mexico

@Cakers3 : Your last sentence saids it all, Gracias Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Many reasons not to buy any medical devices, medicines, foods, or anything from Mexico you ingest.

Mexico does not use pure ingredients and adulturates many items. They do not properly label all the ingredients, and many items have no ingredients listed at all.

As for buying cookies they do not use pure vanilla extract like we use in the U.S and their items have a very short shelf life.. Also the taste is unappealing.

Their Mexican Vanilla Extract is made up mostly of Mexican low grade alcohol  and not pure vanilla beans monitored and produced with strict government guidelines, and the taste is awful as I have tried it when in Mexico, and would never buy it to use in any food I  wish to eat and serve to anyone.

so wrong.....so ridiculous......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Many reasons not to buy any medical devices, medicines, foods, or anything from Mexico you ingest.

Mexico does not use pure ingredients and adulturates many items. They do not properly label all the ingredients, and many items have no ingredients listed at all.

As for buying cookies they do not use pure vanilla extract like we use in the U.S and their items have a very short shelf life.. Also the taste is unappealing.

Their Mexican Vanilla Extract is made up mostly of Mexican low grade alcohol  and not pure vanilla beans monitored and produced with strict government guidelines, and the taste is awful as I have tried it when in Mexico, and would never buy it to use in any food I  wish to eat and serve to anyone.

I always bought vanilla extract in Mexico and found it superior to what I found in local grocery stores.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

The ingredients in such "foods" as cookies are more harmful than the country where they are made.

I sense a disdain for Mexico for just being Mexico rather than being concerned about the garbage used to make processed foods.

Same boat, different crew.

I agree with you.  I kind of had that idea immediately upon reading the OP's post.

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I don’t drink soda but the sodas made in Mexico are made with pure cane sugar rather than the corn syrup the sodas made in the US are. They also use less additives and chemicals than we do. Don’t buy into the narrative being force fed to us. Do your own research.

Exactly.  As is often the case on forums (not just here), incorrect information is stated as though it's fact.  There's a lot of conflicting info here, and some of it is flat-out wrong.  It's always best to do our own research.

Valued Contributor

Oreos are definitely not the same. In the past, I bought Oreos on occasion or if I had a craving for them (since I'm a chocolate chip cookie fan).  However, you can tell the quality and taste of the cookie isn't the same.  I stopped buying them because they are horrible now.  Also, a lot of Hershey is now made outside the US as well.  I check the bags on all products since I've been burned several times with Reese cups. However, Hershey is wise not to print where said distribution is originating from and so they tend to just stamp distributed by on the bottom of the bag.  However, one clue is if you get a Reese cup or shaped Reeses and if the peanut butter has a rough grainy or sandy texture and doesn't have that classic Reese taste, it's been made and manufactured outside the US.  I've also purchased Reese cups that tasted just fine, so it's a gamble.  It just makes me angry that the prices go up and the quality goes down.  Speaking of food changes, a friend of mine was complaining to me about ice cream.  She loves and buys those caramel Magnum bars.  She said she recently bought a box at the supermarket and was shocked how they shrunk them, made the caramel thinner and cheapened the chocolate.  .  

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@Cakers3 : Your last sentence saids it all, Gracias Woman Wink

@cactusgalDe nada.  Love your Frida.  One of my all time favorites, as evidenced in my siggie.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

This is perhaps the most ill-informed post on  this thread. Do your own research and do not buy into the racist rhetoric we are being handed.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Regular Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I don't understand, was there a recall in the past on cookies from Mexico?

I don't know of any @Mj12.