Honored Contributor

Re: My 6 yo Grandson's serious question this morning

[ Edited ]

The grandaighteersare a bit older now and the questions get more difficult to answer. With school beginning next week, they're concerned for their safety. 

They wanted me to spend the night so they could cuddle in my bed in case they would never see me again. Of course, I excused myself to the bathroom and cried my eyes out.

Since this is a definite concern, I told them that their teachers and "guards" will make every effort to keep them safe and how very important it is to follow any directions given to them to stay out of harm's way.

My DS and DIL and we decided to keep them away the news and maybe a "rest" from computer and TV news for awhile...if possible to monitor that.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a grandchild, but my DH and some of his brothers, were talking about plants. The very young son of DH's next oldest brother stood nearby.  They mentioned Deadly Nightshade the then 5 yr. old asked, "does that mean you get dead at night".

That young man is now 51.

Trusted Contributor

My 6 year old grandson lost his great grandfather within the last year.  He is always asking what Nono is doing in heaven. I told him some things like looking down at him and all the people he loved. Then he said seems to me there's nothing to do but sit and meditate.  Struck me as funny. Who knows where they pick up these things.