Esteemed Contributor

Musical Blast from the Past

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm off to relive some of my teen years tonight at a small-venue concert with The Zombies.

They are enjoying a resurgence in popularity and, yes, they are old...but seem to be enjoying this renewal of their fame.  Saw them a couple of years back and was amazed at how fab they sounded.

Some great songs.  "She's Not There," "Tell Her No," and "Time of the Season," to name a few.

Colin Blunstone is the lead singer...charming on stage and still a great voice.  They come across very humble to be enjoying this new phase in their careers.  Four surviving members are on this current tour (I think).

@Pearlee  I know you enjoy music from that era, so hoping you see this.  I watched Hard Day's Night last night and thought of you.

Here they are in the 60s.  Obviously, they don't look that way now....but, then, none of us do Cat LOL

The Zombies

Respected Contributor

Re: Musical Blast from the Past

@Witchy Woman   

I remember their songs!  I hope you have a great time.  It should be really fun!😃

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman That sounds so fun!!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman   OMG..  have a FABULOUS time.  I see some of the old groups that come through our area and play at a beautiful old rennovated theater.  It is so much fun.  A lot of the old groups travel together throughout the country and get a great turn out.   

Enjoy tonight.   The small venues are the most fun. 

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 

My sis lives in Northern NJ and has a lovely little theater in Newton  I always check the schedule for concerts when we visit her.  

So many groups are enjoying a second career now...their audience has aged along with them...and it's just fun to share the music for a few hours.  

I grew up during the 60s and there were so many great groups.  It does make you feel young again and I love that!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I agree that there is something about music that rolls back the clock, especially live music that is good.  We do this often at restaurants that have local bands.  

Speaking of rolling back the clock........are you going to this concert at 9 o'clock in the morning?  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

I always liked the song "Time of the Season". I can hear those lyrics now, "What's your name? Who's your daddy? Is he rich like me? Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Guess it did sound like I was "on the way" but the concert is at 8 pm tonight in Annapolis Cat LOL  

I don't need all that time to get ready, however Cat LOL

Most of the artists joke that they are grateful the audience likely stayed up past their normal bedtimes to come to the concert.

Esteemed Contributor

Have a great time, @Witchy Woman .  A concert where you know the lyrics is like the Fountain of Youth......at least for awhile....

Enjoy!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, original member Paul Atkinson is no longer with us.