Trusted Contributor

Re: Mrs Kravitz??

[ Edited ]

If you are going to post regarding a topic that is (and it is controversy) than you should make sure you give the full details of the topic. Partial details make individuals come to a wrong conclusion. This WAS NOT a matter of a neighbor being a Mrs. Kravitz or a nosy neighbor. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It does sound like a nice outcome.

However, I too wish kids would not play in the streets for safety reasons. I didn't think about the cars but if mine was there  I'd probably worry too.

In our circle, kids play, bike, walk all the time. There are no sidewalks and I always driver super slow but many drivers just speed thru. I don't want to hit squirrels, birds, deer or kids!

But most of the yards are on a hill.

I don't know why they couldn't build sidewalks at least!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308  .....  In defense of @KingstonsMom  she put quotes around the world "Karen". I believe she was only quoting what the mother of the children has been calling the neighbor in all her comments.

@Etoile308 wrote:

IG, if you have no words then why are you using them? You must realize that the moniker "Karen" has become nothing but a slur. And a slur is a slur is a slur. Petty name calling that is not cute.

There may be more to this story. I don't know. I don't watch videos. But I was always taught for safety that streets were for vehicles and yards, sidewalk, parks were for playing. And if I had a new car parked on the street I may have found the football game concerning. There may indeed be more to the story. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

IG, if you have no words then why are you using them? You must realize that the moniker "Karen" has become nothing but a slur. And a slur is a slur is a slur. Petty name calling that is not cute.

There may be more to this story. I don't know. I don't watch videos. But I was always taught for safety that streets were for vehicles and yards, sidewalk, parks were for playing. And if I had a new car parked on the street I may have found the football game concerning. There may indeed be more to the story. 

@Etoile308 

Because I, just like you and everyone else here, has the right to voice their opinions within standards.

BTW, snarky attitudes are not necessary here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Etoile308  .....  In defense of @KingstonsMom  she put quotes around the world "Karen". I believe she was only quoting what the mother of the children has been calling the neighbor in all her comments.

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg 

Thank you for being a voice of reason, some people just miss it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Does anyone have a link to the story or can give me a tip as to googling it? I prefer to see the source before commenting. TIA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Etoile308 I have to agree about using the name "Karen".  I just don't understand why that name was chosen to be used as an insult and slur against women.  Many perfectly nice women have the name. One of my closest friends is named Karen.

I was reading a story online about a woman with the name of Karen waiting in line for something.  She had to give her name to be called.  Instead she used her middle name because she was afriad of getting nasty looks when her given name was called.  I know it sounds really silly but that was her reaction to having her name now suddenly turned into a negative word.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3  

www.ibtimes.com/Ohio.Cops.Called.Tackle

Or google: Ohio kid playing football in street

Sorry. Had to correct the link.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

On our local news this morning was a story about a neighbor somewhere in Ohio that called police because a 12 year old boy was throwing a football in the street.  Police showed up and they played football with him.  Bet the nosy neighbor was really miffed.

This is a perfect example of the small mind mentality of some people.

That video was posted on Twitter yesterday the neighborhood kids and the police all had fun playing football in the street. 

Respected Contributor

"...some people just miss it."

So where does that fall on the snark-meter?