Valued Contributor

Re: Mother's Day - saddest day of the year for some...

@sarahpanda

You are right and God bless and surround you with supernatural strength, love, peace and comfort....

Esteemed Contributor

Sadly, some don,t care about their Mothers for whatever reason. They don,t visit or listen.

Honored Contributor

Mother's Day was the first holiday after my mother passed 7 years ago now.  I never had a better friend. 

Honored Contributor

Mom died the week of Thanksgiving 2017.  I'm dreading this Mother's Day.  I'll be seeing my dad since it'll be his first in 66 years without Mom.  

Honored Contributor

It is a sad day since losing my MOM 6 years ago. Man Indifferent

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Bitter sweet for me for sure....my Mom died suddenly just days prior to Mother's Day....5yrs now.  In fact both of my parents passed in May...then last yr in May my MIL.  

My sister has been gone now 15yrs....I can hardly believe it.  

I am a Mom and have 3 son's...no DIL's (yet) holding out hope...and no grandbabies...holding out hope maybe one day!  

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry to hear the sadness in these threads.   I have lost my mom but never a child.   Can't even imagine the pain.   I also lost my husband when I was younger but again the pain of losing a child is unimaginable..   Hugs to all of you and I wish you a peaceful day.   Know I will be thinking of you all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVC addiction  I believe this is usually more the mother's fault than the child's. The child was born to them a blank slate for them to raise and teach and cherish. Some mother's just can't.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite,

The youngest of my 3 older sisters died in 1989 at age 52. She was not quite 2 years older than myself and I too really miss her. We were very close and also best friends. Been 29+ years now, at times it seems like only yesterday, and other times like an eternity.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@151949,

Not sure which post you are referencing in this last post of yours.

hn

hckynut(john)