Honored Contributor

Re: Mother's Day - saddest day of the year for some...

@hckynut wrote:

@151949,

Not sure which post you are referencing in this last post of yours.

hn

@Sorry - it was #42 - I forgot to put the @.

Honored Contributor

I hope I don't offend or hurt anyone, as loosing a child is the worst loss of all, and I'm so very sorry for all who have experienced it, and continue to experience the emptiness most every day of their lives. 

But as in all loss, perhaps to try and be thankful for the time we did have, for the impact made, for the love experienced, could take just a bit of the pain away. Some people never get to experience it, whether it is having a child or having had a mother of their own. 

I hope all who are mothers, and all that have lost mothers will find some bit of happiness and comfort in the upcoming week in fond memories or at the very least, in the ability to count other blessings in their lives and to see the blessing they have been in other's lives.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please know that I would never suppose to tell another person how to feel about anything, particularly on Mothers Day. I am a mother and my mother passed in 2015. Since her death, I try to focus on bringing some joy to a couple of elderly aunts while I still have the chance to do so. In their 90's, they have had their share of hardships. If I can bring a smile to their faces and let them know they are in my heart on MD then it is my pleasure to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two teen daughters... My younger daughter has had heart problems from birth and has had many open heart operations to repair a hole in her heart at the age of four. The doctors gave her two years to live, my daughter  in October turned 16 and is healthy and happy these days. She even surprised her doctors with a good heart check every year, Our family is very blessed, and my gift every year is to see her happy and healthy. My heart goes out to all the mothers who have lost children, God bless you. 

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

in 1981 my mom died suddenly at the age of 57.....you're right....the scar never heals....

@nana59

I'm there.  My poor mom died at age 49.  And I don't think of her only on certain days . . . she's with me all the time.  51 years ago this year.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/75/50/12/755012b5ee68904db760480a4b14c3cb.jpg

I miss my mom every day..But..I know she and my dad are with Jesus...how can I be sad?? someday, soon..I will be there too...!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West