Esteemed Contributor

Mother Nature needs a refresher course

In Arizona it’s supposed to be the hottest Thanksgiving on record. Some stations have the temp at 90. Hey Mother Nature! Bring on the cold and rain. This is not normal turkey day weather. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Mother Nature needs a refresher course

It was 95 degrees here today in CA on the coast. Is still over 75. Where is winter ? I sure miss 4 seasons.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

That happens frequently in SoCal; I hated it. I wanted cool, cloudy weather.

I’m now on the Central Coast and it was 80+ today, but the temps drop drastically after sundown and it will be 54 in the wee hours.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I’m now on the Central Coast and it was 80+ today, but the temps drop drastically after sundown and it will be 54 in the wee hours.

Hi @Moonchilde ----- I am in the banana belt......... but we do not grow bananas.. Smiley Very Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Hi @Moonchilde ----- I am in the banana belt......... but we do not grow bananas.. Smiley Very Happy

Hi @cbrite - I actually like the weather here much more than SoCal. We’ve had chilly temps, clouds and rain lately, so our immediate mini heat wave is decidedly weird and breaking records, so say our local weatherpeeps. I’m ready for 55 degrees with a bit of sunshine, but after this we go back to cloudy/rain-ish.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Hi @cbrite - I actually like the weather here much more than SoCal. We’ve had chilly temps, clouds and rain lately, so our immediate mini heat wave is decidedly weird and breaking records, so say our local weatherpeeps. I’m ready for 55 degrees with a bit of sunshine, but after this we go back to cloudy/rain-ish.

@Moonchilde I've never lived down South...but boy did our weather change about 8 years ago here. Miss the fog too. I look at old photos and we're always wearing sweaters here. Hope you have a good holiday. I think our turkey will cook itself Smiley Very Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty @Moonchilde We need RAIN Deer.....

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde I've never lived down South...but boy did our weather change about 8 years ago here. Miss the fog too. I look at old photos and we're always wearing sweaters here. Hope you have a good holiday. I think our turkey will cook itself Smiley Very Happy

@cbrite, you too! 

We are somewhat unexpectedly doing our own thing this year as our alternatives just didn’t mesh as far as timing and a couple of other things, so decided to do small at home, and anyone who wants to stop by is welcome. We have a 10-lb breast.

Think of me trying to get a pie at Costco tomorrow - yikes!

I love the fog we get - not as much as Points North, but we get our share. 

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cbrite, you too! 

We are somewhat unexpectedly doing our own thing this year as our alternatives just didn’t mesh as far as timing and a couple of other things, so decided to do small at home, and anyone who wants to stop by is welcome. We have a 10-lb breast.

Think of me trying to get a pie at Costco tomorrow - yikes!

I love the fog we get - not as much as Points North, but we get our share. 

@Moonchilde I tried for the last 2 days to find any bakery where I could get sweets or pie....all are on automated and a big NO MORE ORDERS...sighh... I wish you much luck at Costco's...you are a brave woman.....!!

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Valued Contributor

Yep, supposed to be 92 out here in the Inland Empire (40 mi. from L.A.) on Thanksgiving day.  Today (Tues) was already hot.  Thankfully, as I shopped in Hobby Lobby, they had the a/c on and I was almost chilly.  Most places you go into the stores and you nearly pass out from the stillness-no air flowing at all. I am not a fan of SO CAL weather either, and I want some cooler weather-especially in late November. So we will celebrate at home Thanksgiving day with the a/c going full blast!