Trusted Contributor

Re: Mother Angelica, Founder of EWTN, has passed away at 92. RIP.

Sad news indeed.  Mother Angelica has been ill for many years.  Paralized, unable to speak and bed-ridden as the result of a massive stroke many years ago.  Her life story is one of inspiration - orphaned and abandoned,  she suffered greatly from effects of polio, but had a vision of a world-wide communication network to spread the word of Jesus Christ which was realized when she formed EWTN.  A woman of deep faith which she shared with honesty and a wonderful sense of humor.   She reached out not only to Catholics but to people of all faiths.

Valued Contributor

I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved Mother Angelica, and I'm a Lutheran!  The world got darker when she left this earth, but oh the joy that awaits her.

I first heard her back in the 80s when she was building the EWTN Network.

She was one of a kind, with her humor, her firm convictions, her patience, and her trust in the Lord.

Several years ago, when I was going through a very rough patch with my health issues, I couldn't walk, had over the top non-stop high pain for over a year, I could barely move.  I would watch her at night, and she always said, over and over, "Trust Jesus" no matter WHAT is happening, through h*ll or high water.  I clung to that, and it kept me going.  "Even if it doesn't make sense, TRUST.

It's interesting that she had the stroke on Christmas Eve several years ago, and she died on Easter Sunday.

Many call themselves a liberated woman.  Mother Angelica truly WAS.

Contributor

MOTHER ANGELICA, I LOVE YOU, I MISS YOU....THANK YOU FOR ENCOURAGEMENT YOU ALWAYS GAVE ME

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

header-logo.png MOTHER ANGELICA.png

Thank you for this thread, it was nice to read your posts.

At Ewtn, there is a Memorial about her life

For those who may be interested... 

On the Opening page - select - MEMORIAL SITE

On that page - along the top - select - Watch/Listen

At the bottom of the page "Mother Angelica Quotes", short videos to watch.

Her teachings are timeless...

As others mentioned, she is no longer suffering.

baby owl wrote....she is finally home...so true!

Mother Angelica will forever be in my heart.

Respected Contributor

I would have LOVED to know Sister Angelica personally.  Her name is so appropriate:  ANGEL.

Trusted Contributor

I was really sad to hear of her passing too, but I am so happy that she is no longer suffering and is at home, now.

I really enjoyed watching her live show when she was still able to be live on the air years ago, on EWTN. She was such an inspiration, and I'm sure that she will always be one, too. Heart

She will be sadly missed by many. Smiley Sad Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

I would have LOVED to know Sister Angelica personally.  Her name is so appropriate:  ANGEL.

@Big Sister

Me, too.  When I first started watching her I was amazed at the fact that she could be candid, forthright, loving and express her faith all in one sentence.  She would have me chucking a bit, followed by tears after a "caller" completed her or his call-in during the show.

Mother Angelica's "Live with Mother Angelica" shows continue to be broadcast on EWTN.  On our cable company, Comcast, EWTN is channel 232, in the part of Comcast's line-up dedicated to some religious programming.  Perhaps you could check out your cable guide or find out where EWTN is on your radio.

God Bless ~ Rebecca

Frequent Contributor

I just saw this thread. I didn't know of her passing.  Thank you @sfnative.

May she rest in peace.

Frequent Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

There is  lot that could be said for Mother Angelica.  For me, it was discovering "Mother Angelica Live" on EWTN television at a point when myself and husband were both unemployed in 1997.  This wasn't supposed to happen.  During my time searching for another job, I tried to make time every morning to watch Mother Angelica.  She  was not only inspirational, but a Woman for us all.  RIP.

I've expressed the following perhaps 2 times over the years I've participated on these boards, though many more exist and will add this instance today,

Last night as I was sitting on the side of the bed, applying face cream, a great sadness came upon me:  this sense that I have told me that Mother Angelica would die tomorrow on Easter.

I simply don't know how or why I am visited with such thoughts, but am happy knowing that Mother Angelica is no longer suffering.

~Rebecca

What a nice post @sfnative. ❤️