Honored Contributor

Before Covid, my town had a vibrant and interesting social life and town Square. We call it The Village. A traditional New England village with a common, no on street parking, no big chain stores. Except for Dunkin. It was all independent stores, craft shops, wine shops, butcher shops, bakeries. We lost much of that in Covid but things are coming back! Some of the old business are back, some new businesses are opening. One thing that my gang missed was Denim & Diamonds fundraiser that a social club hosted a few times a year. It was so much fun and did so much good for the community. That's gone but just got the electronic email and a new restaurant will be hosting a monthly dance party. The type of music will change. Kicking off with Latiin and Afro Latin dance music.  I'm excited.  Not too long ago, hubby was saying that we don't get out and socialize like we did.  Our circle of friends doesn't get together much either.  I think with the Village coming back to life, so will our social lives.

Honored Contributor

Sadly the pandemic did change much of what we used to do.  However, I am happy to read your town is starting to come back and offering fun and enjoyment.  I feel socializing is an important part of our lives and I am blessed with many long term close friends. We meet monthly for lunch and also keep in touch.  The pandemic interrupted our 66 year friendships but we have resumed and treasure every day. 

I hope you and your husband find happiness and fun as your Village starts anew.  We have to live our lives again despite the obstacles we may face.  Enjoy and stay healthy.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree @Yes, a different world out there now.  We don't socialize in large groups much anymore.  Even though it is less talked about, there is still a lot of Covid around.  I was talking to my doctor the other day and his comment was that it is endemic now.  We have to learn to live with it.  

It is nice to see that you have some new businesses opening up.  We have lost quite a few restaurants and I think more are just hanging on.  LM

Honored Contributor

I'm glad things are coming back for you!  Enjoy!  Sounds like so much fun!

Trusted Contributor
Your town sounds charming. I miss towns that had common areas for everyone to gather for town dances, parades. Sadly in my hometown that ended some time ago. I remember doing many things in town along main street in my childhood