Esteemed Contributor

Monday's Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

Hello my friends!  It was a great time having my sister, Deil, here for yesterday and today, along with her friend, Monica.  We went to Darla's last night and had a picture taken with Deil holding one twin, which she loved!!! They stayed until after brunch after Mass, and it was so nice.  We are picking Deil up again Friday for overnight and then with her going to another sister's to celebrate her birthday with her sisters.  

WORDS TO LIVE BY...

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you
concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
Oprah Winfrey

You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all
the others. Cicero

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things
turn out. John Wooden

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Gandhi

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of another.
Charles Dickens

Let US Make This The BEST Week Of The Year!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Monday's Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

Deil and Aria, one of the twins.  Deil, 94 on Monday, never colored her hair.Inline image 1

Esteemed Contributor

Best to All!

Nice Post Gloria.  I remember meeting John Wooden as a child.  I would see him sitting at Poly Pavilion watching his boys play for UCLA.  Quite a gentleman.  A nice memory in this journey called life. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello gloriajean and "Everyone" here.

gloriajean, so happy that you and the hubby had a wonderful visit with you older sister Deil and her friend Monica.  I bet she was over joyed at the site of the twins.  What a fun time and exciting time for all of you.

gloriajean, you may have to repost the picture...I was not able to open it.

It is amazing how family seems to arrive right when we need them too.  I call it "God's Miracle"...."God knows, when we need to have family around us". Family and friends seem to show up, just when you seem to need a hug from a family member or just a good talk".  

The same thing happened to me last weekend.  I was really having a rough 2 weeks. 

I think God said, "Ok Sister-In-Law and Brother-In-Law, Nephew, Wife and great neice you need to go and see Bella and her Hubby right now.  She, Bella  just needs to know they are not alone".  "Family, will be here if we need them, even if it is just to give a hug, hold ones hand, or just talk and have someone listen". 

And boy, did we ever need all of the above... We had a fun time just laughing alot, thinking back at our lives and just plain simple sillyness and fun talk.  The doctor could not have ordered any better medicine.

So again, this "Thread" has me asking ourselves... "What are you and I going to do to spread "Thanks, Kindness, Gratitude"...? 

"Baby Steps" could be "Giant Steps" in that of the receiver...

It takes more energy to be nasty and cold, than it does to be plesant.

Blessings and Hugs!

Image result for picture quote of kindness, gratitude, thankfulness

Super Contributor

Lovely thread!  Thank you and hope everyone has a wonderful day.  What a gift, to be able to spend the time with family.  Glad you had a good Sunday Gloriajean.

Peace and joy to all today.

Peace, Nancy 

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday everyone, enjoy Columbus Day,

Image result for monday thoughts

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean, love your quotes for today. Thank you so much. I'm glad you had good family time with everyone. 

@Bellabutterfly, beautiful post as always. It's amazing how certain people show up when we need them!

@nj, have a fun, productive week at school!

@Puzzle Piece, so exciting to meet someone like that. 

@meallen616, you are so appreciated!

Quiet day here.  I'll be picking up grandkids from school today, and I hope I get motivated to clean!  It's just so nice out, I have too many excuses to get outside. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon, I hope you are having a good day.  ☺️  

My husband and I have spent the afternoon picking up fallen branches from the recent storm in our yard and the neighbors' yards.  We are so fortunate that these are our only remnants from Hurricane Matthew.  

Esteemed Contributor

That is fortunuate indeed, Wildcat fan!  Sure could have been worse! Thanks be to God.

Esteemed Contributor

So happy you had a great time, Bella!!!  Thanks for posting.