Honored Contributor

Not to downplay a potential crime associated with this missing young lady but sometimes when these stories become so prevalent on the news, it feeds paranoia & hysteria.

We should always be viligent and teach our sons & daughters too.

My kids were raised in a relatively small town on an interstate.   They are long grown up now but back in the day, I told them to NOT frequent the restaurants & gas stations at the interstate exit, which was walking distance from our home.   Hard to convince a teenager of the dangers in the world.

I've been concerned about drug trafficking and human trafficking for many years.

Honored Contributor

I have to wonder how many of these kids are run aways who leave abusive homes.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie ~

I travel on 81 here in south central PA.  I see lots of NY license plates coming and going.  We usually say "here comes a New Yorker" generally because they are driving so fast.  Last month the PSP got a guy with over 50 Lbs of Pot coming through ~ Headed to NY.  Now, after reading your post, I wonder what else there is in the cars.  Trafficing Children?  Makes me want to puke.  Woman Sad  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

The other part that is strange with the case of missing Mollie - why the heck did she going running alone at night? I don't care where one lives - running alone at night is never a good idea.

1. It is still bright and sunny at that hour (est. around 7:30 central time), and lots of kids and others are out walking then.

2. The family says investigators have told them that it's possible that she was back at the house doing school work after her run.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Iowa has had 48 young people go missing in the last month.  Located where I-80 and I-35 meet, it's the perfect area for child trafficking, pedophiles, deviants, and killers.  

Another sad aspect to this is that one young person comes from money so her story is all over national and local news a dozen times every day while the other 47 are never mentioned.  

Data/Reports are that these kinds of crimes are on the rise so I'm sure other states are seeing an uptick too.   

My heart breaks for all theses families and young people.

Huh? I haven't seen reports about family money but I have seen and read network and newspaper interviews with the mother, brothers, and dad in which they say they are talking to the press to publicize the awful mystery. As for other missing persons cases, among others, I recall the regular press reports about the disappearance of two Evansdale, Iowa,  girls who clearly were not wealthy. 

Honored Contributor

Are the numbers really on the rise, or has this case just brought more of them to light? 

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

@Carmie~

I travel on 81 here in south central PA.  I see lots of NY license plates coming and going.  We usually say "here comes a New Yorker" generally because they are driving so fast.  Last month the PSP got a guy with over 50 Lbs of Pot coming through ~ Headed to NY.  Now, after reading your post, I wonder what else there is in the cars.  Trafficing Children?  Makes me want to puke.  Woman Sad  

The PSP is always catching someone running drugs or people on 81.  Now they are getting off 81 at the RT 83 exits and getting arrested in motels.  It is really bad.

One thing that is kinda good about these criminals, is that they drive way too fast and violently.  You would think they would want to keep a low profile.  They are evil and stupid, for sure.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Not to downplay a potential crime associated with this missing young lady but sometimes when these stories become so prevalent on the news, it feeds paranoia & hysteria.

We should always be viligent and teach our sons & daughters too.

My kids were raised in a relatively small town on an interstate.   They are long grown up now but back in the day, I told them to NOT frequent the restaurants & gas stations at the interstate exit, which was walking distance from our home.   Hard to convince a teenager of the dangers in the world.

I've been concerned about drug trafficking and human trafficking for many years.

When DH and I were first married they built a big truck stop/restaurant complex at the interstate exit not too far from their farm. It was a big deal for that rural area, and all of the local teenagers were scrambling to get jobs there. One of DH's sisters was one of them. She wanted to work in the restaurant. Her mother said "No Way!" So she didn't. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Iowa has had 48 young people go missing in the last month.  Located where I-80 and I-35 meet, it's the perfect area for child trafficking, pedophiles, deviants, and killers.  

Another sad aspect to this is that one young person comes from money so her story is all over national and local news a dozen times every day while the other 47 are never mentioned.  

Data/Reports are that these kinds of crimes are on the rise so I'm sure other states are seeing an uptick too.   

My heart breaks for all theses families and young people.

Huh? I haven't seen reports about family money but I have seen and read network and newspaper interviews with the mother, brothers, and dad in which they say they are talking to the press to publicize the awful mystery. As for other missing persons cases, among others, I recall the regular press reports about the disappearance of two Evansdale, Iowa,  girls who clearly were not wealthy. 

I also have not read anything about the wealth of this family.  I've read several articles on her and have never seen anything mentioning it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
My trucker daughter keeps her eyes open for any signs of human trafficking in all the truck stops she stops in across the US. Nearly every trip she's looking for a young face or particular license plate.