Respected Contributor

We had such a delightful winter (W. PA), little snow, so much like spring.  We all got so spoiled.  Then last week, the bottom fell out.  We got significant snow and January temps and blustery winds.

This week the 30 degree temps actually were comfortable to me after last week.  So I guess next week when we get back to the 40s I'll probably be outside with only a sweatshirt.

For those of you who live in Texas and Arizonia, I need to ask what is your humidity percentage.  When it is only 70 something here, if our humidity is high I am miserable.

Honored Contributor

Re: Message to Mr. Sun...

[ Edited ]

Image result for electric light orchestra mr blue sky

"Mr. Blue Sky" (Electric Light Orchestra)

Sun is shinin' in the sky,
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin'
Everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day.

Runnin' down the avenue,(Pant, Pant, Pant)
See how the sun shines brightly
In the city on the streets
Where once was pity,
Mr. Blue Sky is living here today.

[Chorus:]
Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away
For so long where did we go wrong.

Hey there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do,
Everybody smiles at you.

Hey you with the pretty face,
Welcome to the human race
A celebration Mr. Blue Sky's
Up there waitin' and today
Is the day we've waited for

[Chorus]

Mr. Blue you did it right,
But soon comes Mr. Night,
Creepin' over, now his
Hand is on your shoulder,
Never mind I'll remember you this way.

[Chorus]

Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@Allegheny  Usually our afternoon humidity this time of year is 7-8%, but I have on occasion seen it as low as 0%.  In the summer we enter our monsoon season from Jul 1 until about Oct 1, and there's more moisture in the air so the humidity goes up a bit.   If we're going to get rain, it's mostly during that period. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Allegheny     The dust storms can get a little scary out here, too.   The only place on earth that is WORSE..........is Saudi Arabia.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Sunshine

Honored Contributor

Don't see much of the sun here in Washington state but when it does show up we sure appreciate it.We try to be outside most of the day and soak up all that we can to last till the next time.My yard is a mossy,slimy mess and needs a good spring clean up so come on sunshine.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi I can't imagine what those dust storms are like...must leave behind a good mess.I bet they are not good for your lungs either.

Honored Contributor

@dex     You wouldn't want to be outside in a dust storm.    It's a wall of dirt, blowing laterally......sometimes up to gale force.   You can see them coming, and there are plenty of "weather warnings" so you can take cover.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@DesertdiSo no school or work during that time?How often do those storms occur.I bet that is very upsetting to see...what about your homeless people?

Honored Contributor

@dex     A typical dust storm in Phoenix moves thru the area pretty fast......around a half-hour duration.   Also, they move on a "path"...........not all areas are hit.     There is no time-off from work or school.    In terms of "disaster", you could probably equate it with a severe thunderstorm.  

♥Surface of the Sun♥