Honored Contributor

I was extremely fortunate...no hot flashes or other issues. My mother and sisters never had issues either.

Respected Contributor

I started at 50, on the nose.  I’m 57 now. I didn’t mind the daytime flashes but the night flashes/ sweats were constant and lasting. I couldn’t survive with no sleep. I tried everything also- no effect. So  I’ve been on very low dose patch that keeps them gone!  Thank god for these medications. I think of my grandmother and how she must have suffered. She died young. 

Some ladies are lucky and it’s no problem. Not me, my Mothers’ flashes lasted 20 years. Im not gonna say you should go to the doctor...  but just remember SW, if it’s ruining your life, you do have a choice- Best wishes... 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife I have heard people rave about Black Cohosh.

Fr google.

Relizen

Relizen® provides powerful, hormone-free relief to women experiencing menopausal hot flashes and night sweats, so they can stay cool and dry all day and night. *

• Effective ingredients
• Safe and hormone-free
• Recommended by more than 6,300 doctors

I've had a complete hystrorectomy, so I can't 

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I actually only had only one horrible hot flash when I began menopause. I can remember the time and place. But all the rest were minimal. Mine lasted for a good ten years. I now don't experience any type of hot flash symptoms. 

Like you, I really didn't experience a lot of problems with menopause.  I had just a few minor hot flashes but the only thing that was really different for me was the cessation of my periods.   

I started my periods when I was 11 years old and my menopause came when I was still relatively young at the age of 41.     I remember reading somewhere that if you begin your period at a young age you will also enter menopause at a younger age.   Don't really know if that is true but it was for me.

I guess I was just lucky because I never had mood swings, insomnia or hot flashes.

I've seen friends who have experienced terrible menopause symptoms.   My heart just went out to them because they just seemed to suffer so much discomfort and anxiety.