Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 .... The OP looked at the husband's Facebook account but didn't mention whether her godchild had a Facebook account and if she did what pictures she had posted. The pictures mentioned on the husband's Facebook sound normal but what was really impressive was that he had "many pictures of their children". Shows he loves his children so he can't be all bad. And if they are separated and getting divorced I would not expect him to have her pictures. 

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg  Often when people make a point of saying a word is misspelled it's condescending.

I make mistakes often on everything.  I'd make a lot more spelling mistakes were it not for the spell check thingy here.  Hummm??? We all make mistakes.  That was the first thing I noticed.

I wasn't even going to respond further but.....here I am.

I don't mean to be taking up for the OP because, quite frankly, that subject bores me.  I never went through menopause...but I have friends who did.

I am a widow so I do know what it's like going from intimacy and suddenly loosing intimacy (especially with someone you love deeply).

I've been told that often happens when male or females go through menopause.  Men go through some form of menopause also.

Anyway, I would have thought this thread would have died out by now just due to how boring it is.

Short of females doing what they/we/us/I/me/you (enough pronouns?) do so well...that of busting on other females....it should just die out....

Just reverse this and pretend a guy wrote this.  Do you think males would be talking and talking and busting on each other and bla blaing all over the place?

Ummm...that would be no.  For whatever faults most males have they don't (what I call) talk something to death.

So....do we understand that the OP wants to know if she should contact the person she mentioned and discuss the possibility of menopause with her?

Just what is the outcome supposed to be in this scenario? 

If I sound snippy it's because it's threads like this that often keeps people who are sitting on the fence .....trying to decide if she (mainly females here) should post (and get brought to her knees) or just not post and read everyone else's posts.

THAT's what bothers me.  I think we could all learn so much more from each other if we'd just not be so freaking condescending with others.

I know people who are amazing.  They have so much to offer to others.  Yet they don't partake in conversations, get into 'discussions', do anything that would require a response from someone else....simply because they're afraid of rejection, etc.

Some people have thicker skins than others.

OMG!  What I'm trying to say is what I always say (I try to say and do this...try is the key word)..."THERE ARE TWO WAYS OF SAYING SOMETHING".

Some people have to be approached in a different manner than (paraphrasing), "Look dimwit...it's none of your business".

That's basically what some have pretty much said to the OP.

I find this boring and I'm done talking about it.

I will say I would feel differently if the OP had been the person who was asking for herself....

Hummm....but then again...maybe she actually was.  Who the heck knows!

And in closing I apologize for responding directly to you.  I don't like to do that as a rule because (as I've pointed out on numerous occasions) I mix up stuff and normally like to just generalize.  Keeps me out of trouble that way.

I didn't necessarily mean specifically you, per say.  So, if I have offended you by posting your name, I apologize profusely.

Honored Contributor

How can some think posters are being rude when the OP posted a bizarre speculation about something that was none of her business.  Even if she knew exactly all the details of what happened to the marriage it is still extremely rude and gossipy to post about someone she says she cares about.  I know I sure wouldn't say anything to anyone who meddles in anyone's business and speculates on things to gossip.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  ....... No need to apologize! You did not offend or upset me. There will be days where we agree and there will be days where we disagree. Do not ever feel hesitate to let me know your opinion on any of my postings. I have very thick skin and I promise I will be able to take the "blows"

Honored Contributor

Re: Menapause and Marriage

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg  Often when people make a point of saying a word is misspelled it's condescending.

I make mistakes often on everything.  I'd make a lot more spelling mistakes were it not for the spell check thingy here.  Hummm??? We all make mistakes.  That was the first thing I noticed.

I wasn't even going to respond further but.....here I am.

I don't mean to be taking up for the OP because, quite frankly, that subject bores me.  I never went through menopause...but I have friends who did.

I am a widow so I do know what it's like going from intimacy and suddenly loosing intimacy (especially with someone you love deeply).

I've been told that often happens when male or females go through menopause.  Men go through some form of menopause also.

Anyway, I would have thought this thread would have died out by now just due to how boring it is.

Short of females doing what they/we/us/I/me/you (enough pronouns?) do so well...that of busting on other females....it should just die out....

Just reverse this and pretend a guy wrote this.  Do you think males would be talking and talking and busting on each other and bla blaing all over the place?

Ummm...that would be no.  For whatever faults most males have they don't (what I call) talk something to death.

So....do we understand that the OP wants to know if she should contact the person she mentioned and discuss the possibility of menopause with her?

Just what is the outcome supposed to be in this scenario? 

If I sound snippy it's because it's threads like this that often keeps people who are sitting on the fence .....trying to decide if she (mainly females here) should post (and get brought to her knees) or just not post and read everyone else's posts.

THAT's what bothers me.  I think we could all learn so much more from each other if we'd just not be so freaking condescending with others.

I know people who are amazing.  They have so much to offer to others.  Yet they don't partake in conversations, get into 'discussions', do anything that would require a response from someone else....simply because they're afraid of rejection, etc.

Some people have thicker skins than others.

OMG!  What I'm trying to say is what I always say (I try to say and do this...try is the key word)..."THERE ARE TWO WAYS OF SAYING SOMETHING".

Some people have to be approached in a different manner than (paraphrasing), "Look dimwit...it's none of your business".

That's basically what some have pretty much said to the OP.

I find this boring and I'm done talking about it.

I will say I would feel differently if the OP had been the person who was asking for herself....

Hummm....but then again...maybe she actually was.  Who the heck knows!

And in closing I apologize for responding directly to you.  I don't like to do that as a rule because (as I've pointed out on numerous occasions) I mix up stuff and normally like to just generalize.  Keeps me out of trouble that way.

I didn't necessarily mean specifically you, per say.  So, if I have offended you by posting your name, I apologize profusely.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3  ..... Beginning of thread . OP misspelled menopause.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg, thanks. I did miss that. And I agree, most of the time, that spelling does not need to be corrected.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3  ...... I didn't notice it until someone mentioned the misspelling. I have to be careful. I use my Amazon Fire and it likes to change words just as I get ready to post.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg, thanks. I did miss that. And I agree, most of the time, that spelling does not need to be corrected.

I also agree that the spelling did not need to be pointed out.  But other things posted by the OP were truly none of her business, she didn't seem close to the person in question, and she was making a lot of assumptions.  Those are the points that most responders focused on. 

Honored Contributor

Rubs me the wrong way as the op doesn’t even know if her niece is going through menopause. She is guessing. She doesn’t seem to be in touch with her. Why would she assume that? Maybe I read the first post wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time. 

I don’t always think it necessary to agree with every op’s first post.