Trusted Contributor

Menapause and Marriage

[ Edited ]

I learned from my cousin recently that her 52 year old daughter, my godchild, had separated from her husband.  This was a shock to me as I felt that she had a good marriage.

Her husband was a Marine and I met him only once and from that I figured he was quite tough.

I myself think that her husband doesn't understand menapause which I believe my godchild is experiencing right now.  Her mother, my cousin, has been divorced two times and is really not a good marriage role model for her.

i'm sad that this marriage has been broken.  I saw his Facebook page and he is into motorcycles, dogs and Marine stuff.  He does have many pictures on there of his children but not any of my godchild.

What I'm trying to get to is that I think these younger people don't know how to handle midlife issues.  Their children have left the nest and only one younger girl remains in high school.

I think these younger people are not understanding of the changes that come with menapause and are confused in their feelings.

Honored Contributor

@newname0 @Menopause can be very difficult for some women but maybe the marriage has been difficult too.They might have waited for the children to grow up and decided that now it is their time to find happiness.We don’t know what has been going on in their lives.

Honored Contributor

Re: Menapause and Marriage

[ Edited ]

Good grief, you are making a lot of assumptions about people you basically know nothing about.  None of what you are saying is even worth a comment although they might like being  referred to as "young people" since they are in their 50's.....LOL   Whatever  misconceptions you are having about their secks life, keep them to yourself.  

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Good grief, you are making a lot of assumptions about people you basically nothing about.  None of what you are saying is even worth a comment although they might like e referred to as "young people" since they are in their 50's.....LOL   Whatever  misconceptions you are having about their secks life, keep them to yourself.  

RUDE

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Menopause is NOT the end of all. Many of have done just fine with our relations.  MYOB, the sky is not falling.

Trusted Contributor

@newname0 

Menopause can be a really tough time in a woman's life. Very tough life cycle to get through. I feel for your godchild.

Please Ignore the right-out-of-the gate nasty responses ( I also like to take note of who 'hearts' their posts). 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Looks like the nasty posters are out in full force once again. Wish they would keep their rude thoughts to themselves, but that will never happen. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Looks like the nasty posters are out in full force once again. Wish they would keep their rude thoughts to themselves, but that will never happen. 

I can easily ignore them..that is what they don’t like.

Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Menopause is NOT the end of all. Many of have done just fine with our relations.  MYOB, the sky is not falling.

RUDE

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Done just fine after menopause or in many cases got our mojo back and our relationships were the better for it.