Honored Contributor

Men And Grocery Shopping....."I Don't Wanna........."

What is it about men and the grocery store?  "No, I'll pick up two boxes of kleenex."  (ie "WHAT if someone saw me????).

Or "We'll wait until you can go to XYZ, I've never been in that store.".

Do you sometimes just roll your eyes?

Honored Contributor

Re: Men And Grocery Shopping....."I Don't Wanna........."

@ECBG Never had that problem. My late DH actually enjoyed grocery shopping and we often enjoyed going together.

DS is a fantastic shopper and bargain finder, I taught him well! He does 95% of his family's shopping and they are all happy with that!

Trusted Contributor

My husband enjoyed going to the grocery store. We went together every Saturday and if I needed something and it was on his way home he stopped and picked it up. Even when I was young and needed a personal item he didn't hesitate. Took a lot to embarrass him!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never had this problem. DH doesn't grocery shop with me. He has no desire to and I don't want him to. 

But if he's going to the store he's picks up what I need without any problems or whining comments. 
I see a lot of couples bickering in the store about something that one partner felt wasn't needed. I don't need that aggravation. 

Respected Contributor

Mine loves to do the grocery shopping too... and he often will say “ I got you a surprise “ and play the hot cold game to have me hunt for it 🥰LOL

Trusted Contributor

My sweet Husband always loved to shop and we had fun going together.  He was one in a million.  Miss him soooo much.

Honored Contributor

No never had that problem.  My husband doesn't have a lot of time to go grocery shopping, but when he does - look out lol - he'll buy 2 of everything (whether we need it or not) and enough meat to feed an Army.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH will buy anything on a list. He has no embarrassment, if we need it we need it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dislike those broad brushstrokes of gender assumption.

"I don't wanna" reflects on the person...not the gender. 

Honored Contributor

We go shopping together and I can expect that when we reach the register he has slyly slipped TraderJoe's vegan trail mix cookies into the cart.  We just laugh and his seldom treats are worth keeping the peace as he is 98% clean in his choices.  I adore him for respecting me for my choices and integrating a healthy lifestyle in our home.