Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Men And Grocery Shopping....."I Don't Wanna........."

Home delivery is a godsend as neither of us like to shop. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

My DH does a great job. Actually he does the majority of the food shopping.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Mine takes his mother grocery shopping once a week, so he does most of our grocery shopping, with the exception of meat.

I like to pick out the meat, even though I don't eat it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My husband loves to grocery shop. I hate it. I always do the grocery p/u order so I never have to go in the store. They just bring my order out to my car when I get there. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I dislike those broad brushstrokes of gender assumption.

"I don't wanna" reflects on the person...not the gender. 

You can say that all you want, but I've never seen a woman texting pictures of items in the grocery store or using FaceTime to ask a spouse if the item found was the right item. Smiley Happy

I agree about the second part, though.

I've seen plenty of men shopping the tampon aisle and looking confused enough that I'm sure the items aren't for them. When I worked at a summer camp and each counselor only had one day a week to go into town, there were plenty of male staff members who were tasked with picking up personal items for women, which was very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

My husband did his own grocery shopping & cooked for himself before me & family came along. Keep in mind he only shopped for what he liked & knew how to cook which was limited. He will pick something up for me if he’s out but I have to be very specific & sometimes send pics. I once asked him to get a half pound of cheese from the deli years ago. He came home with a half pound block of cheese from deli unsliced! I don’t know who is worse...my husband for bringing that home (however he ordered it) or the lady at the deli ( who probably should of known better).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No, I can't relate to that.  My son in laws, hubby, my brothers; all the men in my life, shop as well as the women in their lives.  Some do it better.  I hate grocery shopping, I have our groceries delivered but when we need something in the middle of the week, hubby picks it up.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

You can say that all you want, but I've never seen a woman texting pictures of items in the grocery store or using FaceTime to ask a spouse if the item found was the right item. Smiley Happy

I've seen plenty of men shopping the tampon aisle and looking confused enough that I'm sure the items aren't for them. When I worked at a summer camp and each counselor only had one day a week to go into town, there were plenty of male staff members who were tasked with picking up personal items for women, which was very much appreciated.

@Alison Wonderland The only time DH ever went down the personal care asile I had the flu.  It would seem personality types drive a lot of this.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

When we were first married, and LOW on money, my husband offered to do the shopping when I wasn't feeling well.  In his house growing up, the family always had the best of everything.  When he came home from that first shopping trip, he had spent a month's budget on a week's worth of groceries!  To this day, I do the shopping alone 95% of the time.  I love him, but he still has champagne taste on a retiree's budget.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Alison Wonderland The only time DH ever went down the personal care asile I had the flu.  It would seem personality types drive a lot of this.

I absolutely agree, @ECBG.