Trusted Contributor

McDonalds-Can You Dine Inside Restaurant?

None of our McDonald's around here (suburb of Chicago) are allowing any dining inside?  How about where you live - can you dine inside?

Once in awhile I have a craving for a BigMac and some fries and would like to eat inside.  I'm not a big fan of drive-thru or carry out - just curious if none of their restaurants allow inside dining or does it possibly depend on where you live?

Honored Contributor

Re: McDonalds-Can You Dine Inside Restaurant?

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop 

yes in FL (at least Tampa area) all restaurants have opened to dine-in limited capacity.  Only fast food dine in not open Chic Fil A and Steak 'n shake.

We rarely eat out or fast food even before this.

Honored Contributor

Depends on the rules where you live.  Their dining rooms aren't open in New Mexico.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 , all of our restaurants in our area are open, but of course have to follow all the guidelines.   That's why it seems kinda strange that all other restaurants have inside dining, why does McDonald's not?

Respected Contributor

In Colorado, the dining room is open for limited capacity 

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop I understand MAC Attack early in my youth ...although I have not had MacDonald's food since the 80's.  Although for some reason I really like their coffee,  I like that you said "dine" at MacDonalds.  I don't know if the ones in my area are not "dine" in.

Honored Contributor

Restaurants are open for inside dining in East TN, but not all of them allow it yet.  I'm pretty sure that the McDonald's sign that I frequently drive by says that the dining room is open.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

No McDonald's restaurants around here are available for indoor dining.  

That's okay with me, though. I enjoy eating in the parking lot!

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop I've seen long lines at the drive-throughs here on Long Island, but I have no idea whether there's also dine in.  Hard to see that from the road.

A relative of mine owns a restaurant in Chicago.  Last I heard they had not opened for anything but take-out because the costs to set up inside with the requirements couldn't be recovered with the low capacity they were permitted.  That report is a few weeks old though, and I don't know if the requirements have changed since.

Esteemed Contributor

In Arizona our restaurants are open for dining inside including fast food places. We never did the dining outside route because no one in their right mind would eat outside when it's 110 plus.