Respected Contributor

Re: Maybe Tomorrow will be Better

@Icegoddess,
Hope you are doing much better today. Sometimes in my life, if it's not one thing it's two things, etc.! Wishing you a peaceful day & weekend to relax!

🤗👐🌺🌈
Honored Contributor

Thanks for your thoughts everybody.  

@Just Bling yes.  I did have difficulty waking up and didn't get out of bed until 9 am, but I felt so much better after getting a nice, hot shower.  Just sitting here havng my morning hot tea. No real plans for today as we are under a heat advisory again today which started at 10 am.  I do need to get out and put some Miracle Grow on my plants, but I may do that this evening before dark or tomorrow after church.  

I get a lot of headaches that I didn't get when I was younger, and luckily, I don't get the really bad ones that require me to lay down very often.  However, even after the pain goes away, I'm left in a groggy fog.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess Oh my goodness!  I can't think of many things worse than your experience, then add the heat of the summer to the mix.  I'm so sorry and right there with you.

Please take care.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Can't relate to migraines/wife walking around, or especially friendly neighbors. I can personally relate to the cat(cats in my case)route/sheriffs(but at MY door)/and most definitely plumbing.  

Our plumbing unfortunately "backed up, sewage". Destroyed 6 figures $$$$ of our home equipment and rooms. Sheriff(actually 4 of them) my wife sleeping in another room. Wanted me to show proof I lived in our own home. HUH? Yep, actually happened in the wee hours.

Not real headaches nor all in one day. But the plumbing took months with hammering it out with my "100% replacement insurance company" that paid at most 35% of our loses. Gotta keep receipts and then the depreciation? Nobody told me about that teenie tiny writing in our policy.

My best escape other than our furry kids? Get thee to the Ice Rink. As 1 late friend of  mine(a hockey goalie in my league) used to say to me: "once I hit the ice the pain is gone".  I too find that to be very true!  Over 50 years of playing and refereeing? Missed only 1 game, because I was in the hospital.

Hope your day and days ahead are much better. I will be heading to the rink again tomorrow after yesterdays skate.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)