Honored Contributor

Maybe Tomorrow will be Better

Ths morning I wake up around 4:30 am becuase my husband was up walking around. I get up to go to the bathroom because, well, that's what you do when you wake up at 4:30.  Hubby tells me the police are down the street and I can see the lights flashing in the window.  I look out the window and about that time they turn their lights off and leave, so I go and do my business.  However, when I try to flush the toilet it won't flush.  I tell hubby and head back to bed figuring I'll worry about it in the morning because I also have a terrible headache and want to sleep it off. 

Well, that didn't work so great.  Now the cat is awake and assumes it's feeding time, so he has to knead us and crawl over us.  I finally get the cat calmed back down and finally doze off and hubby gets back up and starts doing his morning things which involve opening and closing the microwave door several times.  Then, someone shows up at the door (it's approx. 6:30) delivering a case of water to us.  Turns out the toilet won't work because of a water main break on our street and they don't expect to restore the water until around 3;30 pm.  Hubby assumed he was from the water dept.  but he sounded a lot like the next door neighbor.  

I lay there a little longer, but finally get up and boil some water for some tea.  I notice a piece of paper on top of the water bottles indicating that the water did, in fact, come from the neighbors, not the water dept.  I guess that shows how much he interacts with them that he doesn't even recognize them.

My headache continues and I finally take something for it, but after about half an hour it gets worse instead of better, and turns into a migraine.  So, then I have to go lay down, putting a weighted cover over my eyes as well as laying my forearm across my head because the pressure helps.  After about an hour I get up, feeling better, but I have felt yucky all day.  Hubby doesn't seem to understand migraine hangovers.  He keeps asking if I'm feeling better or if I want to do this or that.  It's bad enough pretty much being up since 4:30 in the morning without adding a migraine in the mix.  

But, as Scarlett said "Tomorrow's another day."

Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe Tomorrow will be Better

@Icegoddess 

I certainly hope today is a better day & migraine gone🙂🙏🏻

Valued Contributor

Wishing you the best day ever!

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess - I also get migraines. I hope you have a better today! And you had enough else going on too yesterday!  

Respected Contributor

May today be the best ever.  God Bless

Honored Contributor

Well, I hope by the time you read this, you'll be free of that headache.  I hate when we get sick!!! Those headaches must be murder.   So crossing fingers for you for that and water!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

In my younger days, I suffered from migraines, had to sit in a dark quiet room for several hours until the pain subsided a bit, could not lay down because the throbbing would only hurt more, after about 1-2 days later my head would clear up...somehow, I outgrew the migraines and don't suffer from them like I did, I get the occasional regular headaches that come and go quickly afer taking Excedrin.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   Could your day start off any worse. Don't drink much of the water until the toilet's fixed. LOL

Honored Contributor

I would try to take a nap and I hope that tomorrow is better!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

So.............is today better????????