Honored Contributor

May Flowers (2017) at the Bird's Nest

Welcome dear friends and visitor's to the Bird's Nest for May.

Image result for birds and flowers

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: May Flowers (2017) at the Bird's Nest

Image result for goodbye april hello may:

Image result for instagram pictures of st. louis arch and double rainbow

Hi Birding Friends,   We had a really wet weekend.  We had close to 6-8 inches of rain here since Friday morning.   My brother just got back from checking out the other house.(mine). and found some big limbs down and one took the phone line down.   If you want to have fun NOT!,  try reporting a downed line to the ATT computer who acts like it can fix anything.   I can be in a great mood and within 30 seconds or so of dealing with these online computer thingy's,  I am a raving shouting person.  They say these calls are recorded, and I sure hope they are so they can see how frustrating and enraging those computerized helpers are.  I couldn't get past this thing to talk to a human, if there are any humans still working there.    Anyway, it'll be fixed? on Saturday.  Prompt service?????

I lost all Internet service sometime on Saturday afternoon and was going nutty not being able to use my laptop.  My phone was out for a bit, but it got it's Wifi back.  I called ATT about the computer's lack of Internet connection and they couldn't help on line and the soonest they could send a tech to check the lines was Wednesday.  Thank goodness, the problem resolved itself some time on Sunday.  I have to call them again to cancel the tech's timely visit. Cat Mad

Have a lovely first day of May. Heart  Hard to believe this year is 1/3 gone already. Cat Surprised 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Winifred,  I am not far behind you at all.  I'm chasing 4 score right now.  Have till December to enjoy this decade.  

Like you,  I've been very blessed with good health and so far, sound mind?.  I'm grateful for each day that this status remains.   I do a lot to maintain mental acuity, for sure.   I've gotten kind of lazy over the past months and am paying for that in loss of stamina.   Need to walk more and try to strengthen my back.  So easy just to park on the sofa and read, watch the news, play games on my phone etc.  

Hope you are doing ok and getting rest.   You could run circles around me with all you do.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Image result for holly pond hill

Honored Contributor

Vintage Botanical Book Plate - May - Hawthorn - Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady - Edith Holden:

Honored Contributor

Hearts in Nature Butterfly | Captivating creatures..and things.. / xx-"Nature's message was always ...:

Bernie,  You did have a wild time with Poppi.  I'd have been scared to have him react that way too.   I'm glad he's back to normal, but I'm not sure I'd have been back to normal for quite a while.  

I hope you are feeling a lot better and hope you got some rest over the weekend to build up your strength and resistance., Heart 

Honored Contributor

Rose-breasted Grosbeak by Joel DeYoung:

Mrs. Rosebreasted Grosbeak:

Rose-breasted Grosbeak, birds, photo, nature photography, red and white, black and white, flying (Pheucticus ludovicianus) by SmallMysteries on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/98358345/rose-breasted-grosbeak-birds-photo:

I just had a really nice surprise when I looked out the kitchen window and saw a pair of Rosebreasted Grosbeaks at the feeder.   I haven't seen any of them here in the past few years.   Am hoping that they'll nest here.  Really a gorgeous bird. 

Honored Contributor

Rose-breasted Grosbeak, breeds eastern NA, winters, cetral Amer & Carribean:

Trusted Contributor

Birdmomma, I had missed the post about you and Poppi.  Was he reacting to you being Sick?  Glad you both are better 

Possum, hope they get your phone line back up. One of the worst invention in the wo led phone answering machines in the work world.   

Honored Contributor

@yock  You should see a couple of notifications from me.  This one calling you to the May thread and another one calling you to the specific post about Poppi nearly giving me a heart attack in the April thread.  It was one of the last couple of posts in the April Birds Nest thread.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise