Honored Contributor

@Leeny 

I'm sorry to hear you're in that much pain.  You definitely should call your doctor.  It may be something else entirely.

You've gone through so much lately, it's awful you have to be hurting so badly now on top of it all.

❤️

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@Bird mama 

I'll tell you this. At this point if it was me and I know you aren't me, but I'd be thinking of moving. I would have taken the $15 thousand and found somewhere to have peace without all the stress. I know that you have to follow through with your fence plan, but maybe because I've been through something like this before when I was younger I'd be pulling my hair out if I had to go through something like that again.

As for another word for the swamp, I'd say it's one big mud hole. Our weather has been anything, but average or normal. I agree with you on the point, why did they start there and why start at all when it's been so wet and rainy??? I feel bad for you in so many ways about this whole mess. 

I am at the point now, I don't want to own a da-- thing again. I lease my car, I rent a condo and so, let somebody else worry about the fixing end of things. I am too broken for all that anymore. I wish you all the luck in the world and I pray it's done  sooner then later.Heart

@Leeny 

Boy, do I feel the same way!

I hope to get in that position someday myself.  If I don't, it all will be somebody else's problem to deal with.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@Bird mama @viva923 

I've been off the Crestor since a week ago Monday. My PCP told me it would take about 10-14 days. Today, I am in so much pain that I can't hardly stand myself. I've taken Tylenol, but that is useless. Yesterday I took 2 Aleve and that didn't touch the pain either. I can't take too much of that as it does bother my stomach. I've been there and done that in the past.

I managed to get myself to Bible study, but boy it wasn't easy. 

I think I am going to send my doctor a message in the portal to let her know how I am feeling. I can't hardly raise my arms to dress myself and to turn over in bed is like H---. She did mention to me about trying to go on Cymbalta. At this point I think I'd try about anything. 

@Leeny   I use Ibuprofen.  When I took Aleve, it caused bleeding, nothing else works except Ibuprofen.  Of course, your pain sounds severe, so may or may not work.  I am sorry you are going through this, just what you need, another painful issue to deal with.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   Good or bad, I'm too territorial to rent or lease.  I bought this house when I was 39 and paid it off a couple of months before I turned 55.  

It wasn't always like this with the neighbor.  She and I talked all of the time, she came to my wedding and she came to my husband's viewing when he died.  I asked my other next door neighbor if I said something inappropriate at the funeral home and she said, you sat in a chair by the casket and held your husband's hand Bernie.  Short of thanking people for coming you didn't talk enough to offend anybody.

I don't know what happened.  The month after my husband died she stopped speaking when I saw her in the yard and would say hello.  She began saying inappropriate things to my sister who would come over and spend 4 hours with Max (the old dog) when I was at work.  My sister would be in the yard with the dog and the battleax would bark at Max and tell my sister she needed to get a real job.

By the time summer rolled around I couldn't go into my backyard with the dog without her stepping into her yard and screaming at me.  I went to the police and asked what I should do.  They said she was old.  I called her daughter and left a message saying that I thought something was up with her Ma.  The daughter called her mother about it and the battleax ran into the yard shreiking and screaming the next time that she saw me.

I priced out privacy fence materials at home depot so that I would have a clue and then arranged for a fence guy to come and give me an estimate.  I asked him to arrive in a car not company truck.  I quietly pulled the permit and I'm sure she wondered why my sister and I worked all day to remove over 100 feet of established annuals plants along the northline.

When the guy came and set the posts I took the dog for walks on a harness and leash because the battleax hung out in her yard pacing like someone who was coming apart at the seams.

It was pretty obvious to all of the old timers in the neighborhood that something went on when they saw privacy fence on her side of my yard only.  The neighbor on my southside didn't even ask about it because she was one of the original settlers of the subdivision and she knew the other neighbor had issues.

I've had nothing but peace for 15 years and I will have it again. 

I have experience with people who are unhappy in life because of the choices they made.  There was a Commandment for them and I held my tongue until they crossed over.  There is no Commandment for the battleax and the Leo in my knows how to hit her where it hurts which would have been to replace all of the chain link fence which is within my legal right.  It's my fence and I don't need to discuss it with anyone frankly.

That said, the Virgo is me or maybe it's the Spock in me Woman Very Happy

Spock screenshots, images and pictures - Comic Vine

Can look at it logically.  Her husband was an alcoholic (I can understand why) and he left her (her kids were long grown).  She had I think 3 kids, one of whom moved to Washington or Oregon when she was young.  Her other one lives not that far and doesn't come by.  As is the case, her youngest (my age) was on the hook for seeing about her the most.  Her grandkids rarely visit, she's 90 years old and I don't think she's allowed to drive.  Her world is small as a result of her personality and overall circumstance.  I think she's one of those people who think attention is good even if it comes from bad behavior.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Sometimes you just can't do anything right in the eyes of others.  If your neighbor has changed over the years, it's quite possible that she does have some physical and even mental challenges now.  I know I'm not particularly chipper when I don't feel well.  Although I can't imagine taking it out on a neighbor, if I had any.

You're wise to just ignore her.  As they say, good fences make good neighbors.  And if she's 90, I'm sure you'll outlast her anyway.😉

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I didn't realize your neighbor was 90 years old. So that explains a lot along with her life situation in the past. I think she may have some mental health issues. A person of that age doesn't usually push people away, especially since you have been neighbors for such a long time. She may be looking at the fence for example, as if you pushing her away and that agitates her. ??? 

Good Luck and let it go and tune her out.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette @Bird mama @mousiegirl 

I sent my doctor a message in the portal so by tomorrow I should be hearing back from her. I have a lab appointment in the morning and I know I am going to the Y at 1pm. I need to do a little grocery shopping and then my day will be done.

I am exhausted. I wish the book I wanted had been in the Library for me today. It helps me to read and I only like reading non-fiction. I read the 3 books that my nephrologist suggested and they were all good. I am looking forward to reading CS Lewis. A Grief Observed. I've got in on hold right now so it should be in my Library in less then a week hopefully. 

I did get my lawn chairs pushed out of the garage today. I even got the patio rocker out. Now that the wind had now subsided. I know I need to try and tend to my birds, but hopefully someone is feeding them consistently right now. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

have a doctor check this morn at hospital this is for my implant thingy i have done every 6 month check. then going to hit bj's for some grocery items. that isn't far from hospital then we are going to drive to base to hit the commissary instead of walmart since we are not under any kind of time frame.

still very chilly sunny this morn but calling for rain this afternoon.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   A day at a time Leeny Heart  You've done quite a bit for the day and I hope the doctor can give you some answers.  As far as the birds are concerned, there are things for them to forage in the grass and ground, especially after all of the rain that we've had.  There have been times when I had suet cages filled and two lantern feeders on shepherd's hooks and I've watched the songbirds pecking in the grass like I didn't provide them with anything.  They know what they need from nature. 

Honored Contributor

@viva923   So much went sideways with the foot I forgot about the implant Woman Frustrated  How's that been working out?