Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Your neighbor sounds like a looney.    I hope the guys get your fence up ASAP.  I wouldn't want to have to deal with someone like her and am glad to have pretty nice neighbors next to me.   It's good that you took pictures.  Is she the type to cause you a problem.  I doubt that she'd get anywhere.

I didn't know that you had a duck family this year.   Didn't you have ducks visiting last year too?   I don't remember as much or as well as I did a few years back.  

We could use a good soaking rain soon.  Just had a few drops over the weekend.  Terrible winds today in fact the winds caused a dust storm about an hour north of here on Interstate 55.  That caused a multiple vehicle pile up involving over 60 cars, trucks and cost 6 people their lives with another 30 or so having to go to the hospitals in the area.  It's a bit south of 'Springfield, IL.   The Interstate is closed and probably won't be reopened till morning.  The winds will be strong here again tomorrow.  

Hoping your fence will soon be up.  Hang in there with that neighbor of yours.  

Honored Contributor

May be an image of scorpion grass and text that says 'Happy Tuesday Posted by The Thesylk'm skylark's May 2'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Mary Kay @possummink  I think 2018 was the peak year for ducks in my yard, 18.  I can't find any pictures from 2020 so perhaps they felt more free to roam in the large park north of me because humans were locked inside?  When the duck couple came back in 2021 I told them they were welcome as long as they didn't bring a crowd. 

I wish I could have sent you the rain that I've been getting this past week.  I thought for sure that May would be a good time to install the fence because night time low temps were 40 degrees and above.  I never saw all of this rain coming.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

nurse lady due here shortly

not much at all today

weather is dicey. cloudy with peaks of sunshine smells of rain, very threatening sky.

did get 2 block walk in today,slowly working up to my full mile walking.

not much else guys later.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama Heart

Oh boy Birdie, I know what it feels like to have a neighbor like that. Thank goodness I don't live there anymore. Fence issues was her main gripe too I am thankful to have many nice neighbors, although I don't have to worry about a fence or big yard anymore.

Mississippi River is going down finally. I think we are at about 13'.85" Flood stage is 12' and we were up to 16+ a few days ago. Warmer weather is on its way ( hopefully) 70's are in the near future beginning on Thursday. I hope we don't get anymore rain for now. 

I went to the Y today and it felt so good. I have been having those issues yet with my shoulders and arms with my joints and muscles. If this isn't better by Friday, I am calling my Dr.  I thought getting off the Crestor I'd be feeling better. It's been over a week now that I stopped taking it. 

This time of night is so difficult for me. Tomorrow I am going to Bible Study and the Library. There is a book I want to read by CS Lewis. I hope they have it in. 

I sure hope my son comes on Saturday to get some of this stuff out of the house. Plus I really want to see him cuz I miss him so. If he still doesn't feel up to doing this, we will hold off until he can come. I don't want him to have a relapse.

Well, I think I am going in and get ready for the nest. 

Honored Contributor

Pin by Kimbraov on Wednesday Greetings & Blessings | Morning pictures, Good morning happy ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

Leeny, it can take up to 10 days or longer for medication to work its way out of the body i have been told up to 30 days for some. give the crestor more time to work its way out.

not much today still raining, had more rain this morn. am wearing long johns, it is gosh darn cold and damp wet cold i call it bone cold chill today. did my 1 mile walk this morn. just walked at a casual pace. legs are beginning to get use to the walking again.

have dinner in slow cooker reheating for tonights dinner.

ok guys later.

dh has been applying to every business around town no luck most not hiring, or he would have to work the 11pm to 7am shift plus weekends. been there done that. he is just reapplying hoping something will come up. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor