Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Oh my goodness, what you have been dealing with would have put me in a padded cell. What the heck? This whole thing sounds like a 3 Stooges movie, except it's not funny. I hope your day tomorrow goes a lot better. 

What did your crabby neighbor do when all that racket was going on at night when the guy was dinging with your fence? I bet she was fit to be tied. 

I have not did a lot of posting lately, but I've been thinking of you during this nightmare. 

I am trying to keep going on some type of routine, but it's not easy as you know. I got my haircut today, which felt good. Then I went to the Y to do my stretches in that wonderful warm pool, but, and I say but, a woman got sick in the pool about 10 minutes in. The whistle blew and we all had to get out... pronto. I don't do anything "pronto". That dinged up my day and night.  You gotta love it. I am going to bed. 

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Pin by Bidisha Kuls on Friday | Happy friday, Happy, Friday

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Leeny,my daughter is feeling the same way as you.

What makes it awful for me is that I feel so dam useless.I guess just being here for her will have to do for now!

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

Today I feel like I've been out all night, without the fun. I actually feel like a zombie. This weather is not helping me one bit, but I can't control that

Your DD is very fortunate to have you there for her. Maybe you don't feel helpful, but you are. My mother passed away in September 2018 and she had dementia. So, she couldn't have helped me. So I truly think you are your daughter's rock even if she can't see that right now.

I feel like I've been kicked under the bus and there isn't a whole lot I can do for a broken heart right now. No magic pill, no magic dream or vacation. I just want to sleep at times. 

I know I am quite a bit older then your DD and I don't have anything to help either one of us. It's like a sunami. (SP) The cost of true love is grief and grieving is a long process. It hurts.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

much warmer and more humid windows open

have clothes on line have to get walk in before dh gets home with groceries.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  It was the side of the yard of the neighbor I get along with (thank God).  I'm sure the woman couldn't help it but I would have been royally ticked off that she got in the pool when she wasn't 100% and ruined my water therapy.  Maybe I woulda been my forgiving, I don't know, my fuse is short this week.

There are going to be times when you feel like you're getting it together and then times when you feel like you are adrift at sea in a little boat.  Be patient with yourself and let it unfold naturally.  Sadly, it's a rocky path of ups and downs but it helps the healing. 

Whatever you do, just make sure you eat and stay hydrated even when you are not hungry.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   Epi I agree with Leeny.  Just having you in her life is doing your daughter a world of good.

Honored Contributor

Re: May 2023 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Here's the weekend update on the fence project.  When I last talked about it on Wednesday (I think) I mentioned that the owner didn't return a friendly voicemail but agreed to walk the yard and check the work on Thursday afternoon when he was in the neighborhood.

I have specific ideas about how time is structured during any given day.  Afternoon occurs between noon and 6 pm and then we go into evening from 6 pm until midnight when we transition into 'overnight'.  It's just my little way of thinking about a 24 hour day.  When the owner didn't arrive by 6 pm on Thursday I had a feeling.  I texted him at 7:30 pm to ask if I should expect him to arrive before sunset.  It was then that he advised me that he was still on a job and would not be coming at all but could put me on his caledar for Friday at noon.

I kept it cheerful and professional; because texts are admissable in court and that's there where my mind was Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: May 2023 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Fence Project Update continued:

I've hired professionals to do HVAC installation, roofing, plumbing and let's not forget vinyl fence installation (albeit just one side of the yard).  I worked for nearly 38 years at BCBSM.  Every review I ever received noted my professionalism.  I know professional when I see.  I know what it looks like to execute a task professionalliy because I lived it and I know what a professional product/outcome looks like because that is all I delivered for 38 years.

When I hire a professional, I expect the work to be done correctly and I expect the end product to look like a professional did it.  I know what it's like to work hard for my money which is why I've always had a relationship with my money.  When I am hiring a professional that comes with a $15,000 price tag, I had better get a product that looks like $15,000.

I placed an order and signed a contract to have a crew of professionals replace old vinyl and chain link fencing with while vinyl privacy fence.  The weather was awful on May 1st and I told the fence company owner that there was no hurry to start the fence until the weather was expected to improve later in the week. 

I gave the guy an out and all but begged him to hold off for a couple of days.  But no, he insisted on sending an installer who was responsible for leading the team.  I give individuals an out - just one time.  If you refuse my offer and decide to work in conditions that I know are going to set you up for failure I don't care.  You had an out and now you are held to professional standard.