Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

sunny and comfortable today

had my yearly eye check today all is ok for that

having a new eye exam end of july to test thickness of cornea.

ok guys later

Respected Contributor

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately I spent my birthday in the hospital..I was there for a week.and I was miserable.I am now waiting for results of my bone marrow biopsy.My body just don"t want to produce any blood cells.Had 2 infusions.But I am hanging in there.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo

Oh no!  I'm sorry you had to be in the hospital, and for your birthday on top of it all.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  I hope you're able to rest and have others to help out so you don't have to overdo. 🩷

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately I spent my birthday in the hospital..I was there for a week.and I was miserable.I am now waiting for results of my bone marrow biopsy.My body just don"t want to produce any blood cells.Had 2 infusions.But I am hanging in there.

@hellie jo 

Amistad animal | Animales, Animales bonitos, Humor divertido sobre animales

Okay, that's supposed to be a hug, not an assault, but you get the idea. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

hellie jo,Oh No! So sorry your not well. Hope all goes well and you feel like yourself again,will be thinking of you  💓

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo  I am so sorry to read that you were hospitalized for something so serious hellie.  I'm praying for a favorable result for your bone marrow biopsy. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: May 2023 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

It's a pretty day here is SE Michigan.  My day so far has been productive.  I went to the pet cemetery this morning and put new solar lights down for 'mom and the boys'.  I've been going for 30 years and this was the first time that the grass was so overgrown that I almost walked past the dogs' graves.  My mother's dog is buried there and I was more or less guilted into buying the grave next to it 5 years before my dog died because Ma didn't want her dog to be surrounded by strangers.  

I couldn't even visit until I paid the office staff a visit to find out what is going on.  Let's just say I can't even visit the dead without starting something.  I asked if there was something I needed to know about the cemetery part of the operation (there is also a boarding facility).  When the guy asked me why I said because in the 30 years I've been coming here it's never looked like hel* before.  It was my understanding that this cemetery is guaranteed to be a cemetery after I'm long gone and frankly there are standards for how it will be kept in the contract I signed and still have.

I learned that the landscaping family that maintains the cemetery grounds had a death in their family and apparently the cemetery is having a hard time getting a response.  I said, look I appreciate how it is to have these kinds of contractor issues because I'm in vinyl fence purgatory - have you tried the 'your not getting paid' approach yet?   If this is going to be problematic perhaps you can dig up what's left of my loved ones, cremate them and send them home with me, where they will rest in a cared for environment.

Now I'm gonna have keep an eye on that.  Sigh.

After that I went to Target and picked up an online order.  My HVAC company sent out a tech and I had the annual A/C inspection/tune up appointment.

Short of one pathetic text from the owner of the fence company at 11:15 am stating he would be here in 2 hours Woman LOL I got nothing on the fence front today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

It's a pretty day here is SE Michigan.  My day so far has been productive.  I went to the pet cemetery this morning and put new solar lights down for 'mom and the boys'.  I've been going for 30 years and this was the first time that the grass was so overgrown that I almost walked past the dogs' graves.  My mother's dog is buried there and I was more or less guilted into buying the grave next to it 5 years before my dog died because Ma didn't want her dog to be surrounded by strangers.  

I couldn't even visit until I paid the office staff a visit to find out what is going on.  Let's just say I can't even visit the dead without starting something.  I asked if there was something I needed to know about the cemetery part of the operation (there is also a boarding facility).  When the guy asked me why I said because in the 30 years I've been coming here it's never looked like hel* before.  It was my understanding that this cemetery is guaranteed to be a cemetery after I'm long gone and frankly there are standards for how it will be kept in the contract I signed and still have.

I learned that the landscaping family that maintains the cemetery grounds had a death in their family and apparently the cemetery is having a hard time getting a response.  I said, look I appreciate how it is to have these kinds of contractor issues because I'm in vinyl fence purgatory - have you tried the 'your not getting paid' approach yet?   If this is going to be problematic perhaps you can dig up what's left of my loved ones, cremate them and send them home with me, where they will rest in a cared for environment.

Now I'm gonna have keep an eye on that.  Sigh.

After that I went to Target and picked up an online order.  My HVAC company sent out a tech and I had the annual A/C inspection/tune up appointment.

Short of one pathetic text from the owner of the fence company at 11:15 am stating he would be here in 2 hours Woman LOL I got nothing on the fence front today.

@Bird mama   I admire your knowing what and how to say something when dealing with every so and so, I usually always think of the words after the moment, am much better writing.

DD and boyfriend were having so much trouble with the landlord in the house they were renting that they moved recently.  He wouldn't repair things, the roof leaked so there was mold in the house, etc., etc., etc., so I told her to go to small claims court, but being young and not courageous enough, neither of them would even tell the landlord that they would do that if things were not fixed, dumb of him because he will have to fix everything in order for anyone to move in.

Respected Contributor

@hellie jo 

So very sorry to hear you were in the hospital during your birthday. I hope your test results come back ok. Take it easy and take gentle care. Keep in touch. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I know how you feel about the cemetery, believe you me. Except the cemetery I've had to deal with is where my parents are buried. This cemetery has been sold and resold more times than you can count.For the life of me I don't know why they ever decided to buy plots and their stone from this place back in the early 60's, but they did. At the time my mother didn't drive and my dad didn't drive due to health issues. This cemetery is way out of town in the country. I think at one time it was farmland and converted into a cemetery. They have been horrible to deal with for 40 years now. Nothing seems to change, but the price.

I am going Wednesday with my DD to a cemetery where my daughter lives close to. Since DH passed away his Urn is in our bedroom on my antique table. I purchased a double urn so that when I pass on I'll be within this urn. Then our remains will be buried at that time.. That is what him and I agreed to do. Who ever was left behind would keep the ashes until they died. 

I just knew I wasn't going where my mom and dad were. Sad, but that's the way it has to be.  

I hope your fence dilemma resolves it self soon!!