hey all

not much with me tonight.

just a swing on by

ok all see all tomorrow

Respected Contributor

Re: May 2021 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

So glad to hear that your family is doing well so far with the Covid! 

Also glad to hear that your sis received her second shot!

Before you know it you will be feeding the Chipmunks peanuts right out of your hand,  I loved doing that at our daughters lake house years ago.  She would buy the peanuts in the shell and just sit out there with her hand out with a peanut in it and one would always come to her.  Eventually it came to me as well.  They are so cute!

We finally had several days of rain but still are in a drought.  Every little bit helps!  We have been in the upper 50's during the day and the mid to upper 40's at night. 

So far no signs of any baby birds in our birdhouses but have seen birds once in awhile going in and out of them. 

I have been following for 20 years Falcons nesting in a city close by here.  When I figure out how to post the website here for anyone that is interested I will post it.

EDITED:  Here ya go for the Falcons nest:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RviWmTCinU

Audubon page to read about the Falcons and their nest.

https://www.nhaudubon.org/education/birds-and-birding/peregrine-cam/

Honored Contributor

Yea @geezerette   I know the feeling.  It makes me nervous when I see a young bird unattended.  As hard as it can be for me, even I wait and see.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

That's alotta paperwork @viva923   I don't know about doctors in your part of the country.... here we fill out paperwork and then end up repeating it all verbally with the nurse, PA or doctor.  I get aggravated and often say, did you look at the paperwork because I wrote that down already Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, it is same here. fill out all paperwork for new doctor. yet they will ask all the same questions over again . it is nerve racking.

not much here

found out my granddaughter isn't graduating today from college.she has 3 major classes to finish for december graduation.

these classes were held during her marching band classes and such and vaguley remember mom telling us when she began march band freshman year she would have to make up these classes to graduate odd time of year.

rainy and very chilly cold here.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for the female sparrow that is raising her babies in the brown birdhouse.  She mated with a deadbeat of a male sparrow.  The couple in the white bird house work together to raise their kids.  The female in the brown birdhouse does all the work.  Her mate isn't dead, he's just shiftless.  If he flies in to feed those kids more than twice a day then I'm a monkey's uncle.  Hmmm 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette 

Sorry I somehow missed your post.  I would have done the same as you did.  Difficult to do.  Hopefully the mom and dad and babies are as you said all safe somewhere.

Honored Contributor

Mothers Day Date: Story Of Anna Jarvis, Mothers Day Founder

Honored Contributor

At least one of the baby doves is still around.

I saw one (I think the smaller of the two fledglings) on the driveway again yesterday afternoon, right about in the same spot as before.  No sign of the parents, but at least one of them must be caring for this baby because it's just not old enough to fend for itself.  It wouldn't have survived this long on its own.

It was just sitting calmly in the sun, so once more I passed it by.  Eventually I guess it will be mature enough to fly away with the rest of the family. 🤞

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

did chores,

did walk

wash doing its thingy.

talked with my 96 yr old mom in law briefly

not much else.

later guys