Respected Contributor

Conrad - you sure look comfy.

I went through so many years watching the different birds just disappear - heart breaking and so sad. NONE have returned here although some areas still have many of them. I think the one that really surprised me is the complete disappearance of the Blue Jays. They are such pretty birds but super ornery - have not seen a single one in a good 5 years now. So many gone and the air use to be thick with all kinds of birds. I think one of the big problems has been way too much building in what was once land which belonged to our natural habitat - those days are long gone. Sad and not right but money seems to always talk louder than common sense. End of my preaching for this morning.

Hot day on tap - darn it all. In a short while need to check the feeders - although they were all filled yesterday would bet they are now empty - r almost empty. They still can get cleaned out quickly.More these days than when we had so many birds around. But then that too makes sense if one thinks about it. They no longer have all the natural food so they they are looking for food now. I use more food than I ever did.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Re: May 2020 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@possummink wrote:

@possummink   I wonder if these are truffle finders.  Do you know where these piggies are?

Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Sweet Birds in Flowers Garden – All Diamond Painting

Welcome old friends and new to the Bird's Nest.

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

I think this is what heaven must be like...!Heart

Valued Contributor

@possummink wrote:

beach Scottie                                                                                                                                                      More

Beautiful!!!!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

I'd like to think so @emmygrace 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

Shed cleaning today. Am so tired, see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been hot and stuffy all week and today it finally started to cool down.  I have most of the windows open in the house and it's good to get a little fresh air.  We didn't get days of rain like they said we would and I'm surprised at how much the grass has grown Woman Surprised

I got nothing really exciting to report and considering everything that's going on in the world, nothing exciting is a good thing Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

turned on the air. It is oppressive humid/hot.

catching up on my dvr'ed movies. Am on Henry Fonda drums of Mohawk movie now.

did many chores today. Got both walks in.

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

My beautiful Blue Jays are back. I saw five on the ground today.  And of course, the cardinals have landed.

Respected Contributor

Re: May 2020 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

We are expecting storms later on tonight!  Not much going on here but as @Bird mama  said that is a good thing.. 

We did go out yesterday to pick up my Elderberry Syrup.  It is suppose to help the immune system and I need all the help I can get. I get it at a local farm store.  It does have to be refrigerated.

On the way home I went into the glove compartment of the car looking for my readers and when my hand came out it was covered with ink.  Seems a pen exploded and what a mess.  Took me over an hour to clean everything in it.  I had to toss a lot also.  As for me only my hands were covered so I used Purell and tissues in the car to clean up until I got home.   Once home I had to use nail polish remover to get the rest off of my hands and nails and also the glove box was covered. Then had to do a manicure on my nails.  They too were covered in ink. 

DD has bluebirds nesting in one of her birdhouses and she can hear them chirping!  Nothing this year so far in our birdhouses.

Take care and stay safe!!!