Respected Contributor

@Bird mama    I hope that your day was rain and storm free and that you and your sister enjoyed your meal and day.  We also had Bush's country style baked beans........only ones my husband likes.  I made an Italian style macaroni salad, hot dogs and canned corn for my husband and french style green beans for myself.  For dessert we had Italian Rice Pudding that I made.  I was happy that we could find the ingredients for everything.  Pasta around here is just about impossible to find.  I was lucky that we still had a box of Rigatoni which is what I use to make my macaroni salad. Your meal sounded yummy........I love ice cream sandwiches!
It rained on and off and was cool for most of the day.  Matter of fact I had to turn the heat on to take the chill out. 
Today it is to be in the upper 80's to low 90's so now the AC will be turned on.  So far a strange Spring here. 
@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning 

Memorial Day, Decoration Day | Military.com

I hope that memories of loved ones who served this nation and sacrificed comfort you today.

I'm sharing my simple meal (at the Back Fence).  We got Oscar Mayer angus beef franks.  I think I may have bought the wrong beef franks Woman Very Happy  I can't remember if we ate the angus beef franks before; well we're eating them today.  Delmonte summer crisp corn is on the menu (corn on the cob don't come in here until late summer) and it really does taste like you bit it off the cob.  I have bush's country style baked beans, macaroni salad, potatoe chips and ice cream sandwiches.

I never said I was Betty Crocker, however I've never given anyone food poisoning so I guess I do all right Woman Wink

It's gonna be around 88 degrees (they're using that vulgar phrase 'real feel' when they say 90) and I think we have some storms rolling through.

I caught some of the news this morning and I see the center of the country looks rough storm wise.  Take care and be safe.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird

Respected Contributor

@possummink  thank you so much for the beautiful photo of your moms mock orange!!! I love the beautiful scent that it has!  You are very lucky to have a pecan and a Walnut tree.  Don't you just love the older trees, shrubs and bushes?  I sure do miss all that.  Our first home in NH I planted a lot of trees, shrubs and bushes.  That was 41 years ago.  We are friendly with the couple that purchased the house from us in 2005 and most all are still there.  Several snow storms took out a couple of the shrubs and bushes but most all are still there including the mock orange. 
Your menu for Memorial Day sounded so good!  I hope that you and your brother enjoyed it. I had a hot dog and haven't had one in 2 years so fingers are crossed that I do ok with it.  I hope that you get to have one.  We are to get the heat that you had today!  Not looking forward to it but it is what it is.  I hope that you had an enjoyable day and did not get any storms!
Thanks again for the beautiful photos!  I too packed away all our cameras and photo equipment and just use our cell phones for pictures now.  I send them to my computer and sometimes print them out and also keep them in files on our PC.  I also keep them on my cell. 
I hope that you had an enjoyable phone call with your son and daughter in-law.  I know you must miss them a lot. 
Take care and stay safe and healthy!!!
@possummink wrote:

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs,   Your picture of the lilacs with your phone was a really good picture.  I seldom if ever use a camera anymore.   I take every picture with my cell phone.   Just easy and so convenient.   I'd probably take it underwater for pictures if I had the chance, even though I have awesome underwater camera equipment,  lenses and lights, strobes. 

The above pictures are of my mom's Mock Orange.  It's really loaded with blossoms this year and needs to be trimmed back, after the blooming is over.   The tree above/behind it is one of the pecan trees.   They are loaded with blossoms too as are the walnuts.   

It's sunny and very warm here 86 with a heat index of 91.   Storms are off to the west and might be moving this way.  Hope it's just rain.   No hail or winds.  

We're having ribs, corn coblets, potato salad,  grilled veggies for supper.  I fixed ham and scrambled eggs for breakfast.    Not much in the mood to cook, with the heat, but need to do it as I don't have a  chef.  Wow,  wouldn't that be a treat!!!   I do miss my son's cooking.   Will be calling them later as they are 5 hours behind us in Hawaii.  I hope to have a hot dog later this week.   It's been a long time since I've had one.  Love them with fresh Vidalia onions and mustard. 

Enjoy the rest of your evening and have a lovely week.  

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird and outdoor

@Winifred 

Winifred,   I am so happy to read about your scan report.   Wonderful news.   I am sorry about your back problems.  I sure know how having a bad back can affect everything you want to do.   I had two ruptured discs and 2 or 3 bulging discs, and had surgery,  a laminectomy for the disc that was pressing on the spinal cord.   Still have the others to deal with.  I did have traction as part of my physical therapy years back and it did feel good,  but it doesn't last.   Once I was up and moving again, the same problems came back.   I wish there was a lasting result from traction.  Maybe there is now, but back then it just helped a short while.  

I hope Miss Blackie is doing ok,  I know she's getting up there in age.  Ditty being a good guy??   I talked to my daughter in law in Pearl Harbor this evening and checked up on Fred.   He's doing good, and loves a bird toy one of my grandson's sent him.   They were hoping to help stop Fred from trying to catch the doves and other birds that come for food.  Fred is not an overly active cat, so the birds must be coming pretty close to him for him to be able to catch them.   My son and his wife make Fred release the birds.  He has no front clawsSmiley Sad  so I don't know how he manages.   

Take good care and have a really nice week.  Last week of May,  Oh, my.  Wow,  June starts too soon. 

Honored Contributor

Good Mornin' Y'all, God Bless Your Tuesday! good morning tuesday tuesday quotes good morning quotes happy tuesday good morning tuesday quotes happy tuesday morning tuesday morning facebook quotes tuesday image quotes happy tuesday good morning

Honored Contributor

Hey @possummink   I'm not judging, just asking.  Was Fred born without claws or do they declaw birds like him who are intended to be companion animals? 

Speaking (more or less) about bird's feet, lol, there is a pair of feral pigeons that come by to eat and spend most of their day in and around my backyard.  The female is missing her right foot I'd say below the ankle and she walks as well as a two footed pigeon.  The male has something going on with his left foot.  Sometimes he has it balled up like a fist and sometimes he extends two toes and limps.  I wish I could catch him (too fast for me) so I could wash the bum foot off and get a look at what is happening with it.

My sister and I moved our lawn chairs into the backyard grass under the spotty shade of the walnut tree (leaves aren't in all the way) yesterday so the pigeons could come and eat with ease.  They know me, they don't know her and each of us had masks on so that's weird anyway. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: May 2020 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Possum, had to chuckle when I saw the Scottie in that great carrier. They are getting more and more popular for our four legged critters. Really neat.

This keyboard, et all is driving me nuts. It just types in strange letters constantly. Yes I Know I occasionally do but it is driving me insane.

Miss Blackie has slowed down and she seems to have good moments along with the bad ones. Bless her - has not dulled her claws any however, LOL. Ditty is just rolling along and spends more and more time outside - he just does not want to come in and with the heat he seems to want to stay out there.

The neighbor has a cat that loves to come over here and sit for hours watching the birds - have never actually seen him nail any but he makes me nervous and at the same time, he is a sweetheart.

Speaking of birds there are a bunch of really small grey birds that look a lot like doves but a LOT smaller. Cannot figure them out. Am wondering if the man down the street who has always done strange things with animals has them and has let them out. He has had birds on several occasions and then let them all go - I think that is wrong. He has also gotten in trouble for breeding pit bulls and is now doing something else over that in two buildings he built last summer. They have no windows, apparently no cooling that I can see but there is something in those buildings. On Saturday nights a lot of cars show up there with dogs in carriers and they hang out. Something not right. Hard to check on him any more as he put up a new fence much taller than the one he had before - cannot see much of anything over there any more. Hmn

Hope all have a great day

Honored Contributor

Re: May 2020 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Winifred wrote:

Possum, had to chuckle when I saw the Scottie in that great carrier. They are getting more and more popular for our four legged critters. Really neat.

This keyboard, et all is driving me nuts. It just types in strange letters constantly. Yes I Know I occasionally do but it is driving me insane.

Miss Blackie has slowed down and she seems to have good moments along with the bad ones. Bless her - has not dulled her claws any however, LOL. Ditty is just rolling along and spends more and more time outside - he just does not want to come in and with the heat he seems to want to stay out there.

The neighbor has a cat that loves to come over here and sit for hours watching the birds - have never actually seen him nail any but he makes me nervous and at the same time, he is a sweetheart.

Speaking of birds there are a bunch of really small grey birds that look a lot like doves but a LOT smaller. Cannot figure them out. Am wondering if the man down the street who has always done strange things with animals has them and has let them out. He has had birds on several occasions and then let them all go - I think that is wrong. He has also gotten in trouble for breeding pit bulls and is now doing something else over that in two buildings he built last summer. They have no windows, apparently no cooling that I can see but there is something in those buildings. On Saturday nights a lot of cars show up there with dogs in carriers and they hang out. Something not right. Hard to check on him any more as he put up a new fence much taller than the one he had before - cannot see much of anything over there any more. Hmn

@Winifred wrote:

@Winifred   There could be money making dog fights going on in that house, or people are bringing dogs to breed with his, does sound mysterious.  

Your weather must be close to or at 100 lately, ours was 90 yesterday, must be at least 100 today.

Respected Contributor

@possummink    This is so funny and cute!!!  Thanks for posting it!!!

@possummink wrote:

Good Mornin' Y'all, God Bless Your Tuesday! good morning tuesday tuesday quotes good morning quotes happy tuesday good morning tuesday quotes happy tuesday morning tuesday morning facebook quotes tuesday image quotes happy tuesday good morning

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower, text that says 'HAPPY MONDAY May mother natures garden of beauty grow & expand your heart with kindness & compassion. And the warmth of the new season bloom with an abundance of blessings, joy & happiness. Today & Always.'