Respected Contributor

Swallow-tailed kite photo by ****** Daniels / Wikimedia

@possummink  I saw two of these birds fly by today. Have you ever seen them? Or does anyone else know?

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I just saw at the top what it isWoman Wink But the picture won't postWoman Sad

Respected Contributor

White-tailed KiteTry this again. I have never seen these birds.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

White-tailed KiteTry this again. I have never seen these birds.

@VenturaHighway 

VenturaHighway,   Yes,  I have seen these birds, but only in Florida.   They are found in the Southeastern states and could be expanding their range.   They are beautiful to see and are amazingly graceful to see soaring around.    I hope they do become established in Missouri as is the Roadrunner.    I've only seen Roadrunners in Oklahoma, at Fort Sill where my grandson in law is stationed.   I have seen pictures of them on Missouri Birdwatcher's pages and Missouri Nature Lovers pages on FaceBook. 

They may be as far north now as western St.Louis County.   I live close to the two big rivers, about 4 miles from where the Missouri River empties into the Mississippi River.   There's an awesome Nature preserve in between the two rivers, callled Riverlands   Chuckars, pheasants, plus so many other speices of birds, mammals, amphibians etc are there or make it a stop over on migration routes.   

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  Sending positivity and prayers for good news for your DH's tests. 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and nature

A Grizzly Bear paw.   The bear was sedated,  tagged and released safely other wise I wouldn't have posted this picture.   Amazing size.   At first I thought she had hunted for him and shot him.  My goof,  and I'm glad I read the comments.    That is some paw!!!  And 'finger nails' .  Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@possummink  Now that is something I have never seen before!!!  Definitely good balance!!!  I wonder how it got down off of the feeder.  My husband and I do miss seeing all the bears and the cubs.  Our daughter lives 1 mile from here and she has bears at her house at least twice a week.  I did hear that there was a bear sighting in our little community a few weeks ago.  I would love to see them here.  Thanks Possum for thinking of me and for posting this great pic. 
The grizzly bear paw size is amazing!  That must have been one huge grizzly!  Thanks for posting it.
I did not know that Scotties came in any color but black.  Interesting.
@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: outdoor

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs,  I thought of you when I saw this.   I am amazed that he/she got up there.   Good balance. 

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, tree and outdoor

Young hawks getting ready to fledge in Missouri.  Not sure of the location, found the photo on one of the group pages I belong to on FB. 

Respected Contributor

@possummink  We live close to the lake and have the most beautiful eagles here.

I do wish the armadillos would go back where they came from down south. They tear up our yard every year.

I have seen many different kinds of birds last year and this year. Maybe because our winters are getting warmer.  Sure not like the old days when I was a kid.

My husband's brother and his wife use to live in Arnold. I loved to come and visit with such great shopping. And the best Thai restaurant ever.

My sister-in-law and I loved to shop at the West County Mall. And hit all the thrift stores in that area. A really great Goodwill not far from there. Oh, those were the daysWoman Very Happy

And many trips to Harrahs and Ameristar.