Respected Contributor

Re: May 2017 Back Fence - Come on by everyone!!!

Pretty dishes - i like the design also. Did not get to church -
Shannon did not get here on time. Grrrrr i really miss it.

Our pastor is such a genius when it comes to telling stories. I have been blessed with having some great pastors in my life time and with one in particular NEVER thought would ever hear anyone who could surpass him - Dr. Edwin McNeil Poteat Jr. Hate to say it but I think Pastor Don Hinkle - current pastor yet had already retired and came back to try and get our church going - is the winner. To hear him do a Memorial Service or regular Funeral Service is breathtaking - without a doubt. I understand he literally works for hours to get everything he should in his messages - very obvious.

Hope all had a great day - super hot here today - may have a day or two more and then the temps will drop again. Typical for our part of the country this time of year. End of May and early June we just play it by ear - wake up to see what the day will be

Honored Contributor

Hello all - just checking in from work.  I'm buried with a complicated assignment these days.  Sometimes I think my leadership believes I have a magic wand, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Freddie, did you receive your results?  Thinking of you.  

Sounds like you have your hands full, Bernie

the other day we got a call from dermotology saying Merles spots were cancer and that he would need a MOHs surgery. She wanted to set up a telephone conference to explain the surgery. I said we've had this done numerous times

. I just need to know if they can do both sites at the same time. She gave me an appt for Wednesday and said I'll have someone call you about doing both   Hadn't heard so called this morning and loony tunes had made an appt for phone consultation.  No, no, no I said I need the surgery scheduled now. This one spot looks awful.   We know about the surgery.  Guess the regular scheduler got my message as we will go in tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9 am. They said to plan on four hours but we usually make better time than that but that one spot is worrisome. He has one inside his ear too that I found out hasn't gone away with the cream application.  Hooe the surgeon will take a look at it tomorrow

I'll have my kindle charged up and his iPad but usually after the first cutting when he's sitting in the waiting room with all the other bandaged warriors, he gets talkative.  So that's what I'll be doing in the morning.  

Honored Contributor

@yock  My dad had that kind of surgery on his back many years ago.  My thoughts and prayers are with Merle and you.  How do they get it out of his ear?  Must be tricky.

Respected Contributor

Nope, have gotten NO results. Should get them on the 30th of this month. Isn't the entire thing stupid!!!

Sorry to hear about Merle - golly darn some things just do not go away do they> Tell him Betty am saying prayers for his good health.

Horribly hot again today - I am up way late. Long day. Ricky had to go to Urgent Care as he got up on my ancient end table with a glass top and AGAIN did a war dance on it and down he when amidst broken glass. I really chewed his rear last night. My heart broke for him today as they had to stitch him up - not a happy camper and he also has a sore throat. Poor boy. And the little girl is getting his vibes - she almost ALWAYS is sound asleep no later than 9. She is still rolling.

My legs are horribly swollen - getting worse by the day. Well I was told to stay off them - someone want to tell me how? Shannon is a horrible example of care and love - she screams all day long. Enough of that.'

Hope all had a great day. Did NOT get to church yesterday and was devastated - Shannon was a no show for watching the little ones.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   How old is Ricky again?  Sorry he had a tantrum and broke your table and cut himself.  I'm concerned about the swelling in your legs - your circulation is suffering because your lungs aren't gettting what they need - rest.

Honored Contributor

Work was busy today and I went out to dinner after work with an account manager and an administrator that I've known for years.  I handled custom benefits for the big account they service for 14 years (started in the IT dept and kept going in my current job).  The account manager wanted to thank me for the long time support.  I like both of the ladies alot - we had a nice time tonight.

Respected Contributor

Forgot to mention while visiting at the Bird Nest that I did fill the feeders today. Sure was hot out there. Whew!!!!

+

Don't think Ricky actually had a tantrum, he just gets carried away sometimes. He was not angry - he was just not listening and as he often does, he gets carried away. Take him back to the MD tomorrow to be checked - really difficult to try and get him to slow down so that leg will heal. Guess the man upstairs has all that calculated however - I mean age/injury. LOL.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

It did take four hours to get Merle clear but we made it.  Now it's fussing with dressings and figuring out how to sleep but not touch the back of head.  I tried to get him to use the recliner but beds are to sleep in, not chairs.  

Hope Rickys leg heals well. You can't hold toddlers down. 

Im concerned about your leg swelling too, Freddie.  I also have the problem because if my irregular heart beat.  Humidity goes right to my ankles  dr prescribed a water pill but sometimes even that does not work.  I try to sit with my feet up but that would be hard to do with two little ones running around. 

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it's overcast and I think we are in for some rain, maybe storms tonight.  Hopefully, since I am wearing open toe shoes, it will start raining AFTER I get into my car to head home today.

Work is calming down a little after an intense few busy days.  This won't last long, lol.