Trusted Contributor

Re: May 2017 Back Fence - Come on by everyone!!!

Rain and rain still going on here. We got 3.5 inches in a short amount of time.  Over 30 roads here have high water. Of course people insist on trying to drive through them.  Bad idea.  The heavy rains are supposed to let up and river levels drop if it stops raining.  The poor farmers  can't get in their fields to plant. At least we didn't get the tornado warnings they got in Ohio. 

Honored Contributor

Yea, Ohio does have a tendency to get nailed with wild weather.

It's raining here this morning, gently yet steady.  If this keeps up it could take till Sunday or Monday for me to be able to cut the grass.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

No rain here this morning but after several days of suffocating heat, it does look like perhaps it may. Am freezing right now but this too will soon pass until our Fall.

Trash/garbage pick up  this morning. Well Shannon did some raking and it is all sitting out in the yard in piles - she rarely picks her mess up and put in the containers. It  may not get done - just not quite up to it but also may sit here thinking about it and at least get some of it picked up. When cuttings are left in those containers and it gets really hot  for a week, they turn into glue or something - difficult to get out of the  containers.

We had subway sandwiches last night - the two little ones had meat ball sandwiches - they loved eating them while making a big mess. LOL.

Have a good day one and all. Brought some coffee along.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, Good Morning.  Today is a vacation day for me so I am my holiday weekend is starting now :-)  It's pretty cloudy outside and I think we are in a break between rain fronts.  The weather isn't severe so I am not complaining - many people have it worse with storms and flooding.

I pulled together a mini waffle bar.  What you can't see is that there is a dish that has some bacon and sausage (not too spicey) on the side :-)

Related image

Respected Contributor

After working my you know what off to get the green waste up from the yard, in the containers and out to the street, they did not empty it. Emptied the other two containers, recycling and regular garbage but not the yard waste. Humph!!!!!!! Guess I will call them but it is not full so not worth them coming out I guess but if it gets real hot again, that container will be a sticky mess with all those cuttings.

'Have a good day one and all - of course am leaving bagels and coffee. It is cold this a.m.

Trusted Contributor

The sun is actually shining.  New rain is headed our way this afternoon.  But the rivers have had a little time to recede.  

My mornings have been spent trying to get Merle to accept my handiwork.   It is very hard to tape over hair, even worse to get it off without pulling hair out.  As the stitches start to heal, the skin pulls and feels like the hair is being pulled.  Only have five days to go with this routine. 

I can't tell you, Bernie, when I last had a waffle. I don't know why.  I do enjoy them. 

Nice that you get to start your vacation. 

I guess I must have pulled my back somehow. It sure hurts.  Can't imagine what I did.  

The washer buzzer just went off so tine to get in gear.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning, Good Morning.  Today is a vacation day for me so I am my holiday weekend is starting now :-)  It's pretty cloudy outside and I think we are in a break between rain fronts.  The weather isn't severe so I am not complaining - many people have it worse with storms and flooding.

I pulled together a mini waffle bar.  What you can't see is that there is a dish that has some bacon and sausage (not too spicey) on the side :-)

Related image

@Bird mama  I love waffles, crispy and pockets to hold syrup.  I never liked pancakes, limp, and the syrup runs off. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Rain again through the night. The yard had lots of pop up mushrooms In it.  Not the kind you can eat. 

I don't know what happened to be last night. Had chills, lots of congestion in lower abdomen and a big headache.  I finally got to sleep about 3 am.   I seem to be better this morning. Ate a slice of toast and all seemed well. I'm wiped out though.  

Pits hazy out today but sun is peeking through.  Gotta go get some printer paper. Merle always waits til there's one piece left. Drives me nuts.  I seldom use it but if I need it I want it there. 

Monday, the 29th is our 62nd wedding anniversary. Today he comes out and said Hapoy Anniversary.  I said today is not our anniversary. He said I wrote it in my book for the 27th. Nope.  He said is it the 28th?  Nope. He said I know it can't be the 29th cause that's Memorial Day.  What a guy.  

Looks like weather is iffy through the Midwest and then through the south. Stay safe everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@yock   Well at least Merle got the month right , hahahaha.

I've been doing yard work that was intended to be spread over 4 days. Today is the only day of dry weather.  I don't mind saying, I am wiped out.  I was ripping and running errands yesterday and then this yard work today. Falling asleep is not going to be a problem tonight.

Trusted Contributor

In Indiana today, of course, all sights have been set on the 500.  We no longer fight those crowdS to attend. We did for many years bur nowadays we watch it on tv,   

Hoe they dh get rained out