Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Marvin Bush

Did I miss seeing him at the funeral, or wasn't he there. I only saw 4 couples but he had 5 remaining children.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Marvin Bush

I thought I saw him, @baileysue walking behind his brother Neil at one point.  At least, I saw a fit-looking dark haired man that I thought was him. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

He was there with his wife.  They were usually seated (or standing) between Neil and his wife and Dorothy and her husband.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC off topic

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@providence when i attend a service and there is something i am not familiar with or do not agree with i do not participate.  This is not the place to debate the Creed, but i do believe that there are differences of opinion with respect to details of it within Protestant faiths.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie@I have been to too many funerals and many of different faiths.I agree with you.We are there to pay our respects and to show support to the family.Pften I am not familiar with some of the rituals and I don’t participate but that doesn’t take away from the reason I am there.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@providence when i attend a service and there is something i am not familiar with or do not agree with i do not participate.  This is not the place to debate the Creed, but i do believe that there are differences of opinion with respect to details of it within Protestant faiths.

What does this have to do with Marvin Bush?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Protestand churches I grew up in and attended most of my adult life don't say it.  I wouldn't have said either.  Many churches don't.  There is no stigma attached to not saying it. 

People who try to put anyone down for it don't know what they are talking about.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@carrie ann wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

What does this have to do with Marvin Bush?

Nothing, they are defending Individual #1.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Marvin Bush (and family) was definitely at all the funeral services.  I saw him several times.  Admittedly, I didn’t recognize him right away since the last time I remember seeing him he was much younger.  Now he has salt and pepper hair!  But, yes, he was there.