Honored Contributor

3CBA9E6E-0200-4686-8773-6A70DF4C796C.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: March 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]
  • @possummink  Freddie would have loved your post.  I too wonder about the pets she left behind. I do believe Shannon likes animals too so they may be ok.   I don’t know who will live in her house or how many. But at least we know she is at peace and out of pain. 

Merle and I met her and Tessa in person twice. She was visiting dog lover  (Jody) in North Carolina. We had a blast.  Jody raised miniature horses on their ranch. She also had goats and the sweetest dogs.   Judy also had cats and I remember how. Freddie didn’t think the room reserved for them was right so she opened the windows. Cats everywhere.  There was also a poster on here that lived in VA and we all went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  

We went back to the ranch and took carriage rides in the pasture.     Jody’s husband was a well known researcher in women’s studies and they named a building for him at Winston Salem.   He had music piped into the minis stalls, his type, but on Saturdays he let teanagers take care of the horses and they got to choose the music. Very different. While Freddie was there he let Tessa muck out the stalls with him and she loved  it.  He was a very kind man.  Freddie loved North Carolina  her father was stationed there for a while.  

Honored Contributor

@yock wrote:
  • @possummink  Freddie would have loved your post.  I too wonder about the pets she left behind. I do believe Shannon likes animals too so they may be ok.   I don’t know who will live in her house or how many. But at least we know she is at peace and out of pain. 

Merle and I met her and Tessa in person twice. She was visiting dog lover  (Jody) in North Carolina. We had a blast.  Jody raised miniature horses on their ranch. She also had goats and the sweetest dogs.   Judy also had cats and I remember how. Freddie didn’t think the room reserved for them was right so she opened the windows. Cats everywhere.  There was also a poster on here that lived in VA and we all went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  

We went back to the ranch and took carriage rides in the pasture.     Jody’s husband was a well known researcher in women’s studies and they named a building for him at Winston Salem.   He had music piped into the minis stalls, his type, but on Saturdays he let teanagers take care of the horses and they got to choose the music. Very different. While Freddie was there he let Tessa muck out the stalls with him and she loved  it.  He was a very kind man.  Freddie loved North Carolina  her father was stationed there for a while.  

@yock 

Betty,   How lucky you were to have met Winifred and Tessa.   I think she would have been a fun lady to know in person.   I do know she loved North Carolina and often mentioned the Cardinal birds she used to see there.   I posted pictures of them for her along with the Scotties.   She was a special lady for sure.  Thank you for telling us of your meeting with her. 

I hope you are doing well, keeping safe and warm.   We are supposed to have snow here in the St. Louis area Thursday night into Friday.   Since I am a cold weather person it doesn't bother me as I am not a fan of hot sticky spring and summer weather.   Love mild days but not storms.  Stay safe and be well.  

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of child and text that says 'Belle Nuit Good Night Ephéméri Seasonal Calen'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of coffee cup and text that says '9 Mars Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Believe me I am not crazy about any type of surgery at this stage in my life. I've had enough of them for 6 people. But this old cataract has different plans for me. When I can't read my Bible without stumbling over the words, it's time to get it done. I am still waiting for the doctor's office to call.

I wish I could take Ibuprofen or Advil or Aleve.but I can't do to stomach issues. So I use a lot of Imu Cream, it helps a lot. I have a torn rotator cuff and I refused the surgery for that, but this nuropothy is something else. Until this increased dosage of Gabapentin kicks in I am afraid I'll just have to deal with it I guess. Things could be worse. 

Boy we are getting a cold snap in for the next few days. Arthur hates it and lets me know about it in no uncertain terms.

Respected Contributor

@possummink 

You are so fortunate regarding not needing glasses at 80. Yes, you are Blessed!! I've been wearing glasses since I was in 1st grade. That is a long time ago and since I have a bad stignatism I imagine I will never have perfect vision now. 

Yes, uncoming traffic at night is bad too. The worst is those hallogen lights. Like my DD says, who commutes for her job at night, she thinks head lights should all be universal. Good luck with that.

Well stay warm today, it's only going to be in the low 20's day and possible snow. Photo wallpaper winter, snow, child, dog, girl, shawl, Chow, coat

Honored Contributor

hello all

it is a bone cold chilly cold day here and very wet.have had heavy rain since early this morn.

the neighbor across street from me the front of their house faces the front of my house has a huge flag proudly displayed from the side of the house that everyone can see, to me it is ugly and vulgar you may not like people for this/that or for what ever,but when vulgar words are proudly displayed about our president of the united states no matter if agree with him or not, i really don't like looking at this flag one bit, it just makes me so angry that dh served our country (in Vietnam twice) he went he served he did not question why this or that to keep our home country free to look at this flag and just want to i don't know what i want to do, i know they have the right to fly what ever they want but seeing this flag just turns my stomach.

have had some heavy rain since early morn, did do the chores and get walk accomplished but was soaked from knees down.had to change when got home.

ok guys see all later

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Believe me I am not crazy about any type of surgery at this stage in my life. I've had enough of them for 6 people. But this old cataract has different plans for me. When I can't read my Bible without stumbling over the words, it's time to get it done. I am still waiting for the doctor's office to call.

I wish I could take Ibuprofen or Advil or Aleve.but I can't do to stomach issues. So I use a lot of Imu Cream, it helps a lot. I have a torn rotator cuff and I refused the surgery for that, but this nuropothy is something else. Until this increased dosage of Gabapentin kicks in I am afraid I'll just have to deal with it I guess. Things could be worse. 

Boy we are getting a cold snap in for the next few days. Arthur hates it and lets me know about it in no uncertain terms.

@Leeny   Yes, DH kept saying his eyes were so bad, and that is when he decided to have the surgery, I will do the same, wait until I have a vision issue.  Neuropothy is horrible to deal with, so sorry you are having to deal with it.