Honored Contributor

...and make some memories!

Honored Contributor

@possummink  I spoke too soon about my recovery Woman LOL  Have a slight dry hack, that really aggravating kind of post nasal drip that you can't quite cough out or blow out of your nose.  I had broken sleep last night from that darn post nasal drip alone.  I think I'm losing my voice.  Otherwise I feel great.

Is this the baby grandson in Florida who turned 18?  Wow the time flies and I can't believe how quickly your son's children have grown into men since I've been posting with you. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My precious Bentley!

Honored Contributor

Wishing you Well!

Bernie,   More Chicken with Rice soup for you!!  That dry hacking cough is the worst nagging thing.   When it hits,  I head for the hard candy to suck on, butterscotch being the best for me at keeping my throat from feeling that dry tingle or what ever it is. 

It is the 'baby' grandson that turned 18 yesterday, all 6 feet 4 inches of him.   The other two grandsons are 21 and 24,  soon to be 22 and 25 this year.  It is hard to believe that they've grown up so fast.   Seems like overnight at times and then I think back on all the things we've done together, places we've gone to, etc.  Good memories.   I couldn't do some of those things now days, my joints won't tolerate it!!   One of the perks of getting on in years.  HeartCat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!   I gardened all day yesterday, was so good to be back outside, very sore today.   I found a small pig planter sitting on top of the soil in an area I was weeding, so decided it needed to be on the deck.  I picked it up and turned it over to dump the dirt, don't know why, could have done it later on, but thank goodness I did, because out flopped a large lizard, startled me causing a yelp, and a fast exist, piggie is still where I found him, lol.

Today is cold and grey, maybe rain later, but I doubt it.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@possumminkwrote:

Wishing you Well!

Bernie,   More Chicken with Rice soup for you!!  That dry hacking cough is the worst nagging thing.   When it hits,  I head for the hard candy to suck on, butterscotch being the best for me at keeping my throat from feeling that dry tingle or what ever it is. 

It is the 'baby' grandson that turned 18 yesterday, all 6 feet 4 inches of him.   The other two grandsons are 21 and 24,  soon to be 22 and 25 this year.  It is hard to believe that they've grown up so fast.   Seems like overnight at times and then I think back on all the things we've done together, places we've gone to, etc.  Good memories.   I couldn't do some of those things now days, my joints won't tolerate it!!   One of the perks of getting on in years.  HeartCat Very Happy

@possummink  On our many road trips through the years, I found that butterscotch lifesavers helped with car sickness, so made sure I always had those, but have learned that ginger is good also.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  okay this is a dumb question, is the lizard dead?  Do you need to worry about the dogs getting it?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Suzy Zoo by Suzy Spofford

Mousie,  What kind of lizards do you have in Northen California.   Here in my son's area east of Tampa, we have Anoles all over the place.   They're not out today as it's 71, a bit chilly for them as it was in the 40ies last night.   Anoles are small and keep insects at bay.   The cats catch one every now and then and bring them into the house  Then the chase is on to catch and release the lizard into the front yard where the cats can't get them. 

There's an invasive species, the Tegu Lizard, which is from South America.   The Wildlife people are trying to trap them to keep them from spreading  and getting a larger population.   They can eat a cat or small dog and do eat Gopher Tortoises.   They are bad news for sure 

Honored Contributor

Re: March 2018 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Bird mamawrote:

@mousiegirl  okay this is a dumb question, is the lizard dead?  Do you need to worry about the dogs getting it?

@Bird mama  First, no very alive which is why it scared me, they can move fast, lol.  My dogs don't run free in the yard as they could get into too much trouble and do damage to wildlife, terriers they are.  I saw a little bunny hopping along yesterday, my dogs would have gone after it if they were loose.  This why I have a large fenced in area called "the patch," where they can do what they want, and still see us in the garden as the fencing is wire.

When I had cats, they would catch them and remove the tail, and it would scurry away.  One day, I saw a lot of my cats in a circle, so knew something was up, and sure enough, there was a lizard in the center, so I took a broom to shoo them away, then put the bottom of a rabbit cage over it until DH got home. The weather was over 90 that day, surprised it didn't bake to death, but when DH removed the piece, it scurried off.

Honored Contributor

Re: March 2018 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@possumminkwrote:

Suzy Zoo by Suzy Spofford

Mousie,  What kind of lizards do you have in Northen California.   Here in my son's area east of Tampa, we have Anoles all over the place.   They're not out today as it's 71, a bit chilly for them as it was in the 40ies last night.   Anoles are small and keep insects at bay.   The cats catch one every now and then and bring them into the house  Then the chase is on to catch and release the lizard into the front yard where the cats can't get them. 

There's an invasive species, the Tegu Lizard, which is from South America.   The Wildlife people are trying to trap them to keep them from spreading  and getting a larger population.   They can eat a cat or small dog and do eat Gopher Tortoises.   They are bad news for sure 

@possummink  In my yard are Southern Alligator and House Geckos, not Newts, just saw a picture and I don't have these, I believe, may be other small.  I don't mind the tiny newts, but the others scare me.  The type you mention is the reason I would never live in Florida and probably never visit, have never been, too many reptiles near homes and all around in Florida so I hear.

Related image