Honored Contributor

@possummink  I didn't add a link to the February thread when I created this March thread.  Sorry I didn't give you a shout out earlier.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good morning my beautiful girls. Happy Saturday :)

Bernie,   Thanks for the 'wake up' call to me.   I was totally oblivious to the fact that the new thread was started.   I'd still be bumbling along on the February thread if you hadn't mentioned it.   

What a temperature change here, not that it's like Missouri, but it got 'down' into the 50ies here in the Tampa area last night.   Today will break the string of 25 days of 80+ degree temps here.   Thank goodness.  80ies in Winter???  The change won't make the 'Spring-breakers' happy though, 40ies tonight and the Gulf waters will chill a bit too.   

They expect record breaking crowds here this year for Spring break.  Clearwater will be impacted the most and there's no way you'd be wanting to try to get to the beach areas due to the congestion on the roads and bridges leading to them.   

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: sky

Just moved this over from the February thread.  Photo taken somewhere around here,  Tampa area. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning my beautiful girls. Happy Saturday :)

Honored Contributor

@possummink  I was so knee deep in work that I threw the thread together and forget to add a link to February.  Once I retire, I should get back to normal, rofl.

I love the Sassypants Owl :-)

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirlwrote:

@luvsbulldogswrote:

@Bird mama

Sorry for posting in the Feb. blog.  I read what you wrote about retirement and am glad to hear that you have a to do list.  Take your time with your list because now you can! 

I can't wait to tell my husband about your husbands gun safe!  What a great idea!  My husband has a gun safe and empty it weighs over 600 pounds and the movers had to get it out of the basement and bring it to this house.

We are awaiting a storm with a little of everything.  We have cable everything here so when we lose the power we lose the TV's, internet, and the phones.  This is all new to us.  We had Dish Network and did not lose anything with an outage.  Should be interesting.

We are almost finished emptying boxes, we have a few moew in the bedroom.  We are still bringing things from the old house though. 

Waving hi to all the birders!!!  BTW the bears are already out due to the warm weather we were having. 

EDITED to say that the basement is loaded with furniture and boxes.  Will have to hit that after everything is finished on the living floor.

@luvsbulldogs  Are you saying that Dish keeps your electricity going, how is that possible?  When there is a power outage here, the only items that work are gas driven.

@mousiegirl

We have and also had at our other house an automatic generator and when the power goes out the generator automatically comes on and does the entire house.  Since Dish is from a satellite during an outage we had TV's.  With cable if a tree knocks down the wires which you need to make your TV's and phones work then you will not have TV.  I actually do not understand totally how it all works but our daughter has cable and a generator and loses everything.  I hope this clears it up a bit for you?

Honored Contributor

I have a child related question and I know the women here have the experience.  Freddie has multi generational experience with kids so I feel pretty good that someone here will have some good advice or insight.

I learned about this a bit on Christmas Eve and then more detail when I visited in January.  I'm explaining it the way I understand it.

Child is female, just turned 7 years old yesterday.

As a baby, child had broken sleep during the night and started sleeping straight through the night around 18 months old.

Around 2 or 3 months prior to her little sister being born (child was almost 4 1/2), child started having broken sleep again.  Child wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to sleep with her parents.  Child will scream and wake the entire house, door pounding, you name it if she can't get near her parents.

Child is now 7 and still ain't sleeping through the night.

To say her parents are frustrated is putting it mildly.

I'm not so sure it's entirely behavioral. I'm concerned there could be something medical going on.

What do you think? 

I've been criticized by some family when I say raising kids is no different than raising a dog.  By that I mean, kids need routine.  They need a schedule.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

I have a child related question and I know the women here have the experience.  Freddie has multi generational experience with kids so I feel pretty good that someone here will have some good advice or insight.

I learned about this a bit on Christmas Eve and then more detail when I visited in January.  I'm explaining it the way I understand it.

Child is female, just turned 7 years old yesterday.

As a baby, child had broken sleep during the night and started sleeping straight through the night around 18 months old.

Around 2 or 3 months prior to her little sister being born (child was almost 4 1/2), child started having broken sleep again.  Child wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to sleep with her parents.  Child will scream and wake the entire house, door pounding, you name it if she can't get near her parents.

Child is now 7 and still ain't sleeping through the night.

To say her parents are frustrated is putting it mildly.

I'm not so sure it's entirely behavioral. I'm concerned there could be something medical going on.

What do you think? 

I've been criticized by some family when I say raising kids is no different than raising a dog.  By that I mean, kids need routine.  They need a schedule.  

@Bird mama  There used to be a show on tv with a nanny who dealt with this issue.  She had the parents walk the child back to bed, calmly, no matter the child was crying or whatever, and continue to do this, not easy, but it works.  Sometimes, it took hours and many nights of this, but the key was to stay consistent, and eventually, the child stayed in bed and the issue was solved.  If the parents let the child into their bed, it only causes more problems, not good for anyone.

Honored Contributor

Pinterest

Honored Contributor

elena vavilina

Bernie,  I've never had to deal with that problem, as our kids never did come in to our bed to sleep.   The had their own beds in their own rooms and though we'd catch them sneaking out of bed to play or just ??,  we'd take them back to their beds and put them into the beds.   If they woke up crying or sick of course, that's different.   We'd go to their room and comfort or whatever and stay there till they fell back asleep. 

I agree with you about routine.  I didn't see the show Mousie mentioned, but that's the only way I guess to fix the problem.   If not, it'll  only get worse and probably morph into more and bigger problems.