Bird Paintings : Cute little birds wi... Wallpaper | Walltor

Honored Contributor

Scottish Terrier in the Flowers More

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, flower, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  that's really cute.  Who sells it?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Couple of exciting developments on the animal front.  

Preso, my youngest has always mooched food off of me.  Mostly, toast, eggo waffles, pizza crust.  Never anything with a butter or sauce on it.  I've been working at home 3 days a week since the end of January and since last week, my old man Poppi has decided he wants to try waffles, toast and pizza crust.  He doesn't fly to me to get it.  If he did I would probably pass out from the shock of it.

Presto takes pieces and drops it off near him and he munches on it.  I need to get a picture of this for posterity.

Today, Gerry ate in the backyard.  I'll post a picture in a few minutes.

Honored Contributor

Re: March 2018 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

IMG_1436 (350x263).jpg

I'm concerned because Gerry's right eye is not as open as the left eye.  I compared this picture to pictures I took last year and the groundhog didn't have an eye issue then.  Hmmmmm

Honored Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

@mousiegirl  that's really cute.  Who sells it?

@Bird mama  Today at zulily under "Gifts for a Wonderful Woman." Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

IMG_1436 (350x263).jpg

I'm concerned because Gerry's right eye is not as open as the left eye.  I compared this picture to pictures I took last year and the groundhog didn't have an eye issue then.  Hmmmmm

@Bird mama  Otherwise, he looks very healthy. Smiley Happy  Facts I didn't know.

While in hibernation mode, and animal's body temperature drops and most bodily functions are significantly slowed. ... Groundhogs, unlike bears, enter true hibernation, and the core temperature of a groundhog can get below thirty two degrees Fahrenheit!

They will eat leaves, soft fruits, vegetables - anything green. Peas, beans, corn, and field crops like clover and alfalfa also make tasty snacks. They are almost completely resistant to trapping. You can potentially trap a woodchuck in a trap baited with lettuce sprinkled with real vanilla extract.

Of all the rodents, groundhogs are most likely to have rabies. ... Additionally, though rare, groundhogs can carry tularemia. Symptoms of this disease include fever, chills, headache, and diarrhea. Woodchucks can also carry groundhog ticks, which spread Lyme disease to humans.

The risk factor is very small in these animals. Reptiles and amphibians are cold-blooded and can not carry rabies. There are mammals, called "rabies vector species" (RVS) or "high risk species" which have a somewhat higher risk for rabies. The RVSs are: raccoons, foxes, skunks, bats, and groundhogs (woodchucks).

https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2014/01/31/9-things-you-didnt-know-about-groundhogs/

Picture of a groundhog, or woodchuck, family