Respected Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Spring's on it's way at the Back Fence

Bernie, that will teach you to buy from HSN. Just kidding, use to buy a lot of shoes from them - use to wear boots and they always had the best!!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Bernie, that will teach you to buy from HSN. Just kidding, use to buy a lot of shoes from them - use to wear boots and they always had the best!!

@Winifred  We are missing you in the Kitchen. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Snow on the ground and I have an appointment for a pedicure.  That means sandals in the snow.  Thanks a lot Bernie!  We are celebrating my daughters birthday tonight and I won't even be able to show off my toes. I know you all feel sorry for me.  By Saturday the thermometer creeps up again. 

We are going to an Italian restaurant and I'm really looking forward to it.  I can't believe she will be 57 tomorrow.  

Our Granddaughter is coming with the twins and of course our other three greats that live in town will be there and I believe the one that lives in Indy will be there.  So much fun and good food.  

I believe the sun is coming up.  That's a plus.  If only the winds would slow down.   I've got two more floors to vacuum and then I can walk barefoot in the house.  I don't mind vacuuming if I could talk someone into picking up stuff from the floor and putting it away. Why didn't I think about that before I kicked off those shoes and left them in my way.   

Keep feeling better, Freddie. You must learn to be patient like me.    Lol

Honored Contributor

Hey everyone - just had a snow squall here.  I'm still wearing my corduroy pants to work and will continue to do so through April (probably).

Today is my eldest great niece's birthday - she turns 6.  My eldest niece (her mother) made a last minute invitation (last night) to come over today to celebrate the little one's birthday after work.  My phone gives me fits in the building where I work - so much stone and glass and not alot of AT&T towers so most of the time I can't get a signal in this building.

I kept seeing a message stating text could not be downloaded and every time I opened the text application there was nothing there, lol.  Middle sister and I were talking and she asked me about the text from niece - she also got one.

Good thing I talk to middle sister every day or I woulda missed that one, rofl.

Oy, some days.............

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Betty - how are the toes in the sandal's this morning. Sounds like you and yours are headed for a great weekend with family and probably a lot of good food.

was hoping to get the weeds sprayed some more - guess it will not happen. Should get someone out there - like I can get the lazy side of my family to do much of anything. Sigh. Tomorrow storming is predicted so need to get it done today or just keep waiting. Sigh.

Hope one and all have a great time.

Honored Contributor

The get together for my great niece's birthday was going so well until my youngest niece showed up.  Honestly if ever there was a person who could inhale the joy out of the room it's that one.  I was smart, I stayed in the kitchen with my eldest niece's in laws and eldest niece's youngest daughter - the one I nicknamed Pepper.  Me and Pepper had a great time - she's 19 months old and is a riot.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad a lot of your birthday party went well, Bernie.   Ours did too.   It's so interesting watching the kids interact with each other. Natalie won every game of tic tac toe with her gramps because she moved his hand to the spot that benefitted her.   I tried to tell him that's not the way to play, but he paid no attention.   

The food was good, hard to visit with people at the other end but we managed. 

Freddie, aren't you supposed to be resting?    Your Immune system is down and you need to be cautious.   The weeds are not going anywhere.  Time enough to deal them later.  

Respected Contributor

Yep, am suppose to be resting - rest of the day I will. I get so )(*(^&%^ angry it is not even funny. Glad the BD parties went well.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,  I'll be going to the movies with middle sister in an hour or so to see The Shack:

"The Shack takes us on a father's uplifting spiritual journey. After suffering a family tragedy, Mack Phillips spirals into a deep depression causing him to question his innermost beliefs. Facing a crisis of faith, he receives a mysterious letter urging him to an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Despite his doubts, Mack journeys to the shack and encounters an enigmatic trio of strangers led by a woman named Papa. Through this meeting, Mack finds important truths that will transform his understanding of his tragedy and change his life forever".

I saw a commercial for this movie about 3 weeks ago and had no idea what it was about but just knew I needed to see it when it came out.

I'm pretty sure I know what the movie is about thanks to a blabber mouth at work.  You gotta love when people say, oh The Shack, that's the story of the father who.......

It doesn't matter, I'm going anyway and taking kleenex with me, lol.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed the movie The Shack yesterday and yes I did boo-hoo during the film.

It's a hectic day at work, however I'm stopping by to drop off some lemonade girl scout cookies.  They are not sold by troops in Michigan.  I know a guy who knows a guy in Ohio who supplies me with the lemonades at this time of the year :-)  I still buy cookies from Michigan girl scouts - I just pawn those off on family.

Image result for girl scout lemonade cookies