Honored Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Spring's on it's way at the Back Fence

@Bird mama wrote:

I really enjoyed the movie The Shack yesterday and yes I did boo-hoo during the film.

It's a hectic day at work, however I'm stopping by to drop off some lemonade girl scout cookies.  They are not sold by troops in Michigan.  I know a guy who knows a guy in Ohio who supplies me with the lemonades at this time of the year :-)  I still buy cookies from Michigan girl scouts - I just pawn those off on family.

Image result for girl scout lemonade cookies

@Bird mama  Boy, do I remember the Girl Scout cookie sales, and not fondly, lol.  One year, DD sold over $500 worth of cookies, thanks to DH, but after that year, he bowed out, too much trouble and time carting cookies to SF and distributing them to his clients who had bought them.  

Trusted Contributor

I've not heard of lemonade cookies in Indiana either.  Of course I tend to think lemonade should be in a glass.  Just me.   We lucked out with GS sales. The two older girls who live in town are not in GS and Natalies troop at school was full.   Here they set up tables at the grocery store entrances and you can buy them there.

Glad you enjoyed The Shack, Bernie I've never seem the movie.  

The dr added to my arsenal of pills and for two days I thought I'd be sitting on my couch forever.   I'm adjusting finally.  Takes longer to adjust in your golden years.  

Freddie, how are you doing.  Are you still trying to take care if the little ones by yourself.   Is Davey better?

Honored Contributor

Whoa, today was one of those days.  I hit the ground running at work this morning and didn't stop running until nearly 6 pm.  The day started out mild temperature wise and I think we're going to dip into the 30's.  Bizarre, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Another busy day at work.  We had 50-70 mph winds all day and now that the sun is setting the wind should calm down.  I was lucky, no trees down on my property and I didn't lose power :-)

Honored Contributor

Since the winds have moved on, it's safe for me to leave some mini sub sandwiches at the Back Fence to nibble on.

Image result for submarine sandwiches platter

Locally made Better Made chips - help yourself

Image result for better made potato chips

Trusted Contributor

I'll take one of those subs. They look delish.    

Those were some winds. Merle had a trailer of equipment behind him.  I had tried to tell him there were wind warnings but he always thinks they are kidding.  The cover for his truck bed is really flimsy even tho it is a Foed made for a ford.  It kept popping up and he would pull over and add another tie down   Finally after the seventh one it seemed to stAy steady if he drove 50 miles an hour. Of course he was on the interstate and the trucks were not liking that so he finally got off and took the long way home.   I was glad to see him walk in the door

That neighbors dead tree made it through also tho there were big chunks of bark laying on the ground around it and some hunks of wood.  We had a trim piece of siding at the front door.  Several grill covers swept by and there was a big blue tarp in the street. Don't know what happened to it. Hope the owner retrieved it.  No way was I going out there.  

Snow is is next on our agenda.  And Sunday I believe we have to mess with our clocks.  Legislators have to get their golf games in but the cows still need to be milked at the same time no matter what the clock says.  It's that old cut off the top of the blanket and sew it on the bottom.  

Im thankful we didn't lose power and everyone was safe in their homes in our family. Saw a couple birds in the dogwood tree this afternoon.   Not sure what they were.  Didn't stay long.  

Honored Contributor

Hello, I am starting my long weekend today (today and Monday off) and I think I'm coming down with a cold or something, lol.  Murphy's Law :-)

I returned 2 pair of pants to JCP, checked out some merchandise then did a drop off at the recycling center.  I'm back home and waiting for the guy who owns a lawn mower/snow blower repair business to call me. We spoke this morning and he'll be swinging by to pick up the lawn mower for routine maintenance.

The way I feel right now, I'm kind of glad I don't have to fight the mower up some makeshift ramps to get it into the hatchback.  His prices are reasonable and he's highly rated. 

As I was coming home I ran into a snow squall.  Yea, we're having that kind of weather again.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - the Zicam seems to be working.  It's bitter cold here and will continue to be this way for a few days.  I had to go grocery shopping, it had been 2 weeks and I was almost out of everything essential.

I picked up some new accent rugs and a new bathroom rug for outside the tub.  I tossed in the runner and accent rug that I have in the living room and the rubber backing came off of both.  It was a cold water gentle cycle and something told me to check the progress.  I spent over 90 minutes running small rinse cycles and cleaning out the machine. 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, how is everyone doing with the daylight savings time change?  I set most of my clocks last night, before I started watching the 1943 version of Phantom of the Opera.  Nelson Eddy's singing in the movie caused me to fall asleep on the couch and of course I woke up once the movie was over.

Claude Rains played Erique Claudin/Phantom in the film.  Maybe it's just me, I felt sorry for the character. 

Still cold here.  Both of my cars are getting low on gas.  They're not running on fumes or anything, just lower than I like in this kind of cold.

I spotted a cute summer weight scarf at Target a couple of weeks ago when I got my car serviced.  It was at a Target near the dealer and of course I didn't buy it then, assuming the Target near me carried the exact same merchandise, lol.

I think I will take the old Camaro for a twirl today and head back to that Target (near the car dealer) to see if the scarf is still there.  Then I'll fill the gas tank.

Tomorrow I'll need to tank up the Nissan - the car I drive to work daily.

I'm enjoying my long weekend so far and I think I've got a handle on this cold.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, the snow is falling here in SE Michigan.  

It's falling gently and is lightweight - easy to shovel.  Also, easy to blow around in the wind :-)

Still have the cold, so far no coughing, just sneezing and a congested nose.  As long as I keep it from migrating to my lungs, I can deal with it.

I found the scarf at Target yesterday - best $14.99 I've spent in a long time. 

I'm having coffee and watching Matlock on METV.  Love my old TV shows.  Once I eat my breakfast (Grapenuts) I'll take the Nissan to the gas station and tank that one up.

We were doing good here on our gas prices.  Don't know what happened - the premium that I put in the Camaro yesterday was $2.76 a gallon.  I stopped at $25, lol.