Honored Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Lucky Spring at the Bird's Nest

@possummink wrote:

Image may contain: plant

Thank you, Bernie, for our March perching place/nest.   I found this picture a bit ago and think it's a Robin's nest in a Yew bush.  Our Cardinals love the Yews and I guess Robins figure they're a safe place for their babies.  Heart

@possummink  For such a large bird, Robins can build their nests on branches that are not very sturdy.  I had an enormous Salvia which I hadn't pruned/thinned for years, and when I got around to it, I found three nests.  I know they were Robin nests because in the Spring, there were so many baby robins, and parents, lined up at the water dish for their baths. Smiley Happy  I havn't see such a display for a long time, though I do see Robins.

Honored Contributor

Awww!:

Honored Contributor

'Owl Tree' by Tracy Lizotte:

Love this Owl Tree.  Wish some of them would live in the tree outside my bedroom window at home.  Love hearing them at night, especially Screech Owls.  What a range of calls and hoots they have. Heart

Honored Contributor

Cardinal's...John Rossini                                                                                                                                                     More:

I wonder where Winifred is.  I hope she finds this thread and also hope she's feeling better.  

Bernie,  If I saw one of those Cassowaries heading my way on a beach,  I'd be running in the opposite direction.   

It's cold again at home, but not like you have it in MI.   It was in the 80ies here today.   Wanna trade places???

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Am here, not posting a lot but actually do not think I am missing much. LOL. Now do not misunderstand that. Got the feeders filled yesterday - saw some pigeons picking up the seed tossed onto the ground by the smaller birds.

Had to use the AC in my car for a spell yesterday.

Suppose to be nice today EXCEPT unfortunately may have some of that chilly wind. It can cut right thru you!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so glad it's Friday I can barely see straight, lol.  You know how it is - not the work, it's the people,  ha ha ha.

I'm stopping by my eldest niece's house after work to celebrate her eldest daughter's 6th birthday.  Wow, where does the time go.

@possummink

I don't know that I would run the other way if I saw a Cassowary, but I would probably be afraid to make eye contact in case the bird took it as a challenge and decided to bop me in the head with it's casque.

Edited to correct a couple of typos.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I am so glad it's Friday I can barely see straight, lol.  You know how it is - not the work, it's the people,  ha ha ha.

I'm stopping by my eldest niece's house after work to celebrate her eldest daughter's 6th birthday.  Wow, where does the time go.

@possummink

I don't know that I would run the other way if I saw a Cassowary, but I would probably be afraid to make eye contact in case the bird took it as a challenge and decided to bop me in the head with it's casque.

Edited to correct a couple of typos.

Bernie,   I've heard that Cassowary birds can be really mean and cause a lot of damage with their claws  ~~~~Image result for cassowary claw

cassowary attack

They don't usually attack, but can be territorial and protective.   They also headbutt.  Wow,  what an arsenal of weapons these birds have.  Guess they got the title 'Worlds Deadliest Bird' based on that weaponery and reputation in Australia.   I'm stil running away!!! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Reminds me SO MUCH of my late cat Mikey, the white is in the same place, AWWWW!!!! Makes me miss him Even More!!!!:

Bernie,  I forgot to tell you to have a relaxing weekend and maybe sleep in a bit late, if Grayson, Presto and Poppi don't mind. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Anne Cotterill:

Mousie,   I know you love Sweet Peas, just found this and made me wonder if you are going to plant seeds for Sweet Peas this year??  They are so pretty, but so different from the Sweet Peas I grew up with in the country.  They were all pink and not really like crepe paper.