Honored Contributor

Re: March 2017 - Lucky Spring at the Bird's Nest

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@Puddles

Thanks Puddles!  We are preparing for a Blizzard/Nor'Easter coming this Tues.  Expecting 2 feet of snow in our area! 

They said on our local TV station that the bears and their cubs are out and with this snow coming they will probably hit or take our bird feeders with them.  Don't want to take them in with the snow coming so we will have to tqke our chances and hope that all goes well.

@luvsbulldogs Be safe! I hope all goes well and you don't have problems with the bears.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Good Morning, the snow is falling here.  Just a lightweight snow that's not coming down too heavy.

I took some pictures over the weekend.  Here is a picture of one of my balding squirrels.

IMG_1008 (175x131).jpg

I also took a picture of the moon yesterday morning.  I was up at my usual time and it was dark outside.  It probably didn't help my cold that I grabbed the camera and went into the backyard without a coat on.  I love the full moon.

Taking a picture of the full moon is hard so I tried to get some contract by taking the picture through the bare limbs of the mulberry tree.  

IMG_1010 (200x150).jpg

The moon picture looks better bigger, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@luvsbulldogs  All decor is down, and now am reorganizing everything into plastic bins, easier to carry and see through.so the mess is in the living room.  I am decorating for Spring now, in the kitchen, almost done.

The weather today is gorgeous, so DH and I spent the day in the garden, he planting blackberries, me weeding/pruning.  I hope to plant some vege seeds tomorrow, in grow bags.

@mousiegirl

I too am reorganizing.  Sure does make it a lot easier the next time you take them out!  I have a full basement to start reorganizing and cleaning out.  I need to wait for warmer weather as it is way too cold down there.  After the snow storm I too will be decorating for the Spring!

Glad to hear that you are having beautiful weather there.  It sounds like you and DH are getting your outdoor work going!  I sure do miss it!  Enjoy mousie!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@Puddles

Thanks Puddles!  We are preparing for a Blizzard/Nor'Easter coming this Tues.  Expecting 2 feet of snow in our area! 

They said on our local TV station that the bears and their cubs are out and with this snow coming they will probably hit or take our bird feeders with them.  Don't want to take them in with the snow coming so we will have to tqke our chances and hope that all goes well.

@luvsbulldogs Be safe! I hope all goes well and you don't have problems with the bears.

@Puddles

Thanks Puddles!!!  So far so good with not seeing any bears!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

The pic of your squirrel is adorable!  So far our squirrels still have all of their fur.  I too love a full moon and I love your pic. that you took! 

I hope that you are feeling better and hoping that you stay safe, warm and dry!!!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning, the snow is falling here.  Just a lightweight snow that's not coming down too heavy.

I took some pictures over the weekend.  Here is a picture of one of my balding squirrels.

IMG_1008 (175x131).jpg

I also took a picture of the moon yesterday morning.  I was up at my usual time and it was dark outside.  It probably didn't help my cold that I grabbed the camera and went into the backyard without a coat on.  I love the full moon.

Taking a picture of the full moon is hard so I tried to get some contract by taking the picture through the bare limbs of the mulberry tree.  

IMG_1010 (200x150).jpg

The moon picture looks better bigger, lol.

@Bird mama  Maybe your poor squirrel has mange.  I have never seen a squirrel with missing fur, he must be cold. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

I'm no expert on mange.  My dog Max was rescued from the street and had mange - sarcoptic mange.  I understood then that there are 2 kinds - sarcoptic and demodectic.

Max had to undergo to dips at the vet, under all day observation afterwards as he was the youngest dog they ever dipped.  I thought the only way mange goes away is with treatment.

Several year ago, like you, the first time I saw a semi naked squirrel, I thought OMG - baby's got mange.  I would have been willing to seek out a wildlife rehabber or dip the squirrel myself if I could have caught it.

The squirrel seemed to lose hair head first and then down the rest of the body.  Then the silkiest black coat of fur grew in.  

I noticed they did this in spring and then never again the rest of the year.  

We've had such unseasonably warm weather I assumed the rapid hair loss was triggered by the warm weather.

But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Miniature White Galloways:

Honored Contributor

White lion cub:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]