Honored Contributor

April Fool

Honored Contributor

April's Bird's Nest is up

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/April-2016-Bird-s-Nest/td-p/2669205

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I just got a new bird house and the chickadees are moving in!  It's so interesting to watch them bring their nest building twigs and leaves into their house!  One of the pair is always watching from afar as the other goes inside to work on the nest!

chickadee.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Chickadees Are Moving In!

[ Edited ]

SavannahOwls (@SavannahOwls) | Twitter:

Bernie,  Thanks for the reminder about the April thread.   I'd forgotten as usual. 

I moved the post above this, by Fortune,  and hope she finds this thread.   I never thought to leave a note for her.   

Mama Great Horned Owl brought another egret to the nest for the owlets and her supper.   Wish they'd eat salads instead.

Nature's darker side, I guess.

Mama Barred owl, in Indiana, had a fish for supper,  followed by a frog for dessert.  Dad owl is a great provider for her.  She'll need his help when her 3 eggs hatch,   Those owlets are hard to keep up with and I am always worried that the younger ones are going to starve, because the bigger ones are downright hoggish and pushy when it comes to feeding by Mom.   Dad owl has been bringing her tadpoles to eat too and crawfish.  He must love water,  I can't imagine him catching a fish  I hope it wasn't from someone's fish pond.  

I moved this already to the April thread.  

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I just got a new bird house and the chickadees are moving in!  It's so interesting to watch them bring their nest building twigs and leaves into their house!  One of the pair is always watching from afar as the other goes inside to work on the nest!

chickadee.png

@fortune wrote:

chickadee.png

@fortune  How wonderful.  I love chicadees.  They live in my Pine and Cedar trees. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

SavannahOwls (@SavannahOwls) | Twitter:

Bernie,  Thanks for the reminder about the April thread.   I'd forgotten as usual. 

I moved the post above this, by Fortune,  and hope she finds this thread.   I never thought to leave a note for her.   

Mama Great Horned Owl brought another egret to the nest for the owlets and her supper.   Wish they'd eat salads instead.

Nature's darker side, I guess.

Mama Barred owl, in Indiana, had a fish for supper,  followed by a frog for dessert.  Dad owl is a great provider for her.  She'll need his help when her 3 eggs hatch,   Those owlets are hard to keep up with and I am always worried that the younger ones are going to starve, because the bigger ones are downright hoggish and pushy when it comes to feeding by Mom.   Dad owl has been bringing her tadpoles to eat too and crawfish.  He must love water,  I can't imagine him catching a fish  I hope it wasn't from someone's fish pond.  

I moved this already to the April thread.  

@possummink  I know what you mean about the food chain in nature.  I can't watch, just can't stand to hear them crying in pain.

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

This is by the photographer, Michael L. Smith. It is available at www.themadbluebird.com It's called Birds of a Feather. One of the most beautiful nature photographs I have ever seen.:

@possummink, wow!!! what a beautiful photo!!! -- bebe Smiley Happy