Trusted Contributor

MEUW,Hope all goes well with your surgery.

Bernie,glad your family is on the mend.

Sue,sorry your under the weather. We have french doors onto the deck.had them for a long time,and we bought ones with blinds between the glass. I just love them,don't have to worry about drapes getting caught in the doors,and so easy to keep clean.i would not give them .

had to go to my GI dr today,my hubby called and got an appt.,two more Drs. Yet to go.will explain it all when it is figured put,but have to say  please keep me in your thoughts,look like surgery is in the near future.

Bernie,will send you a e mail in the next few days.

OMG,there talking snow,when yesterday it was near 80. This is just crazy.

hope all have a good weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean

I'll be watching my email box.  Sorry that things seem to be getting more complicated.

My sister was not transferred to rehab yesterday.  No rehab would touch her with a 10 foot pole because the medication protocol has not been established.  So, now, in addition to the provider specialties she already sees, a cardiologist was called in to explain the medication she will be on since her condition is vascular in nature.  Honestly when I heard how she will need to take the meds, I felt sad.  This is probably just the starting point.

When she wakes up, she has to sit for 30 minutes (don't know about middle of the night bathroom trips).  She takes a pill and has to sit/rest for 45 minutes.  She then has roughly 4 hours of activity time.  If she is expecting to be busy that day, after 4 hours she has to sit for 30 minutes, take another pill, wait 45 minutes then she can go for another 4 hours.

I hope this isn't her life permanently and that it's just a start until they get the medication dose perfected.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Bernie, hope your Sis starts to feel better and get get to rehab soon.   

Meuw, hope you won't be away too long.  Have you ever read Sue Monk Kidd books?    I think her latest is called Wings.  I haven't looked at it yet but will soon.  

Freddie hope your day is really great. 

Its March Madness around here especially with IU and Ky game.    Got my ear plugs ready. 

Contributor

typing with my left hand so this will be short.  surgery went very well and no pain afterwards.  the biggest pain is the splint and restrictions. have you ever tried to squeeze out the dish rag with one hand? the only good part is ron cooking and cleaning up after dinner.

bernie i am really concerned for you and your sister. i hope she can get balanced out.

thanks for your concern.  i will have this splint to my mid arm at least through the 30th.

Respected Contributor

You do pretty darn good with that left hand Meuw. Glad to see you back in the routine.

Cold this morning but it is suppose to be a nice day with temps up near 90 by the end of the week.

Davey went with his Father to Bakersfield for a couple days - a friend picked them up and took them there yesterday - should be a good time for Davey - he needs more time with his Dad.

Would much have desired staying in bed but Conrad had to go out and of course that signaled to the kitties it was treat time. LOL. I may head back to the bed for a few extra winks. Am really tired and that is not a way to start the day.

Hope all have a very good day. Of course am leaving some coffee.

Honored Contributor

Here are some muffins to go with Freddie's coffee

About animals needing us to move on their timeline .....  Since I have no experience with observing pigeons in the wild and don't know where the pigeons outside actually roost for the night, I wonder if Grayson's cooing at sunrise until his Birdmama gets up is normal.  I often ask him if his father was a rooster, lol.

Honored Contributor

It's overcast and chilly here. 

Last night my sister was abruptly (in my opinion) shipped off to a rehab center.  Now, she can't stand upright for over 3 minutes without her BP taking a dive.  She couldn't on Friday, almost did on Saturday, couldn't on Sunday, and if I understand it, they didn't even try yesterday.

On Friday, no rehab center would touch her with a 10 foot pole, last night one accepted her.

Ahhh, the power of the insurance company.  (Yes I am being sarcastic).

Honored Contributor

Hello all, nothing new to report other than my sister is settled in the rehab facility.  I visited her yesterday and her state of mind is good :-) 

Respected Contributor

Glad to see that your sister is getting settled in - that is good news.

Took my kitty with the cast iron claws to get them cut. They are monster claws.Never had a kitty with claws like she has and she is a small cat. LOL.

Davey is with his Dad for a few days - Spring Break here - and so I did the litter box detail. Of course you do realize I am not a stranger to cleaning them.

Am trying to figure out what to fix for dinner - had pizza last night and it was a mistake - I should have read the label better. It was way too spicy - even the others did not like it.

Today would be my daughter's 63 birthday - I sure miss her.

Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Glad to see that your sister is getting settled in - that is good news.

Took my kitty with the cast iron claws to get them cut. They are monster claws.Never had a kitty with claws like she has and she is a small cat. LOL.

Davey is with his Dad for a few days - Spring Break here - and so I did the litter box detail. Of course you do realize I am not a stranger to cleaning them.

Am trying to figure out what to fix for dinner - had pizza last night and it was a mistake - I should have read the label better. It was way too spicy - even the others did not like it.

Today would be my daughter's 63 birthday - I sure miss her.

Have a great day one and all.

@Winifred

For My Lovely Mother In Law: