Trusted Contributor

Meuw, good luck with the hand surgery.   I'll be most interested in how it goes.   

I am reading a hs jd Robb book. I always like the detective work in it and some of the futuristic gadgets which don't seem to be as far fetched any more.  I skim over the sex education. 

Before that I read find he by Lisa Jackson.   Didn't care for it all.  Have you read the walk series by an author from Ohio.  They're sort of Good Samaritan stories.   

Regular Contributor

Re: March 2016 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Drip, drip, drip......sounds of the Texas rains?  Naw......just.my constantly runny nose!. MY allergies are driving me nuts! Suffice it to say, I'm singlehandedly keeping Kleenex in business! Throw in a UTI for good measure and you have an idea of how things are going in my world.

Image result for cartoon picture of runny nose

Now that you've heard my woes, how is everyone doing here at the Back Fence? Hope all of you are doing well.I haven't felt like catching up on everyone, but hopefully once these antibiotics kick in I'll feel more like doing that.

I am so enjoying my French doors with the venitian blinds between the glass and as the weather warms I'm going to love the sidelights that open up for a summer breeze. I have big plans for the little porch just outside these doors. I already have four wooden planter boxes there complete with dead plants that the cats like to lol in and I bought a new rug for the area to jazz it up. I've been ordering lots of Roberta's and Cottage Farm's plants and am hoping I'll be able to actually "plant' all of them. I'm planning on mostly container planting and hopefully I can do everything on my scooter.

Happy Hump Day all! Sue

Honored Contributor

@Queenofo2

Sue, I'm sorry about your allergies but even sorrier about the UTI.  UTI's are no fun, seriously.  I don't get them much anymore but there was a time if you looked at me the wrong way, whoop, I got one.  Last time I had one was end of August 2008, he he he.  Yea, I remember it well.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Sue, so nice to see you at the fence. Sorry about your allergies and UTI.     Hope things improve.   Sounds like your porch is going to be lovely.    How is Jim doing.   Hope he is staying upright

Today begins the great basketball tourney.   Hope IU plays well tonight or the guy that lives with me will be grumpy.   It's impossible for him to watch a game without yelling his comments.    

Had my cardiology appt this morning so am good for another year.   Now I can finish that bag of chocolate Easter eggs. Lol

Respected Contributor

Betty, so you decided to eat all those eggs and not leave any for us. Geesh!!!

Sue good to see you here but stop having those little flareups - you do not need them. Those doors with the blinds in the glass sound exquisite. Am going to look them up on the Internet as I have never heard of such a thing - sounds really great. You have through the years always come up with some great things where you live. I remember your waterless water heater you put in your home back when I had never heard of that. I believe that was in the home you all had before you moved to this one.

Will leave some coffee - pour a cup!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@yock

Betty,

he he he, enjoy those candies.  I know the last time I had my cholesterol checked, I was insistent that it be checked before Christmas.  I wanted good results before I dove into my sister's Christmas cookies :-)

Honored Contributor

Here are some St. Patrick's Day cookies to go with Freddie's coffee.

The first batch are frosted sugar cookies.  The second batch are green chocolate chip cookies, lol.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness, these weeks sure do fly by - the time goes so quickly and I never seem to get enough things done. While the time has sped up, my own self has surely slowed down. LOL.

Hope all enjoyed their St. Pat's Day. Actually it was very quiet out here where I live - saw very little references to the big day - that is sure a change from days past.

It sure got very very warm yesterday and today is suppose to be even warmer. The two maverick cats spent the day outside in their condo. They are so funny. When they get brought in right before dark they go through the house like two race cars. I think they are telling me something and I am not sure I really want to know what it is.

Hope one and all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

The month of March is certainly zipping right by me :-)  This has been a long week and I'm glad it's Friday.  Great niece is doing well from the bacterial pneumonia.  Eldest sister should be discharged to a rehab facility today.  It sounds like the adjusting of the medication for her particular type of hypotension takes time and is not suited for an acute care hospital.

My sister is mentally okay with going to a rehab center for a short period of time, so that alleviates some worry in my mind.