Honored Contributor

Re: Mail problem--anyone have this happen?

@KKJ wrote:

I received an order--well partial order---from Amazon yesterday and stamped on the pkg was the message  "received unsealed".  I opened pkg to find most of my order missing!  I contacted Amazon CS to make sure my order was all shipped in one pkg and yes it was. Obviously someone somewhere opened my pkg and took my stuff!  I shouldn't be surprised as it was shipped UPS Mail Innovations and have had lot of probs with them in the past.  What does one do in this case? What recourse do I have if someone outright opens and steals stuff from my pkg?  And yes, Amazon already refunded me for the missing items, but I find it disturbing that people in mailing system (or whoever it is) can get away with doing this.

@KKJ How many packages have you gotten like this?  If it is not a recurring thing, I'd take my refund and be happy.  At this point, no reason to assume someone took the things.  By problems do you mean you routinely get opened packages? 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner No, not opened but I've had several pkgs lost when shipped UPS MI. 

And to all you saying I should quit whining and just be happy that I was refunded, well, yeah the prob isn't that I wasn't refunded, but it's still a pain and am willing to bet if it happened to you you'd feel the same way. Thing is, I ordered vitamin supps I was out of so now have to reorder from another company and wait another week (or more) to get them.  So don't be so quick to judge and tell me I'm being out of line by being annoyed by it. As I said, not the first time I've had mail issues with this carrier. 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ     I have received empty packages  before... and also  some from Amazon.  Sometimes it is just not sealed well... the shipper ships it full or empty as it is their job to deliver it.  I would not look at it as someone stealing your goods... pretty negative outlook. Amazon or who ever sent it will reimburse you..

It is just STUFF isn't it? I would not get too upset over STUFF. 

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@KKJ 

I kinda disagree...you will be wasting a trip and your time during which you don't need to be exposed to other people.

Your PO will NOT care.  They will write up a form and tell you they will investigate...of which there will be NO resolution.

Don't put yourself through that.  Stay away from a useless trip exposing yourself at a time when it really isn't prudent to do so.

File a complaint online.  It will go just as far as standing in line as the PO will.  The clerk can't resolve it and honestly, could care less.

You are right @RespectLife , it isn't worth it and will do as you suggest and not bother now with making the trip to PO. 

Honored Contributor

I sent a mailing tube through FedEx last year to one of our other offices on the other coast.  The tube eventually made its way back to me, a mangled mess.  It looked like it was run over by a truck after getting stuck in a sorting conveyor belt.  

The fact that the return address was still visible enough to send it back to me was a miracle.

The sheer volume of packages moving around in the US alone is staggering, so the fact that 1% of stuff arrives the worse for wear or we only get part of it due to the box being opened in transit, is a pretty good record.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I ordered the Philosophy TSV last week and never received it. The tracking info stated the empty carton was found discarded in the trash but no product was found. You would think it would be difficult to sneak out of a building,

4 large bottles of Philosophy body wash without getting caught , but someone did! QVC gave me a refund as the item sold out.

Respected Contributor

@embgm But are you SURE someone took it?  It could've fallen out of the box you know.    Just kidding. I was called being very negative and out of line for suggesting someone may have taken my missing items from my pkg.  And no, I DON'T know what happened to my missing items as you don't either, but we can still be annoyed can't we?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@embgm But are you SURE someone took it?  It could've fallen out of the box you know.    Just kidding. I was called being very negative and out of line for suggesting someone may have taken my missing items from my pkg.  And no, I DON'T know what happened to my missing items as you don't either, but we can still be annoyed can't we?

Absolutely! I'm sure they didn't walk away on their own! 

Respected Contributor

@embgm No, def. not in your case---four huge bottles of shower gel.  Well, someone is smelling very good with your Philosophy!

Honored Contributor

Why do you assume that somone STOLE your items?  That's incredibly insulting to all of the people who for the USPS under such trying circumstances now.  They've all been working hard, long hours because everyone is shopping online now.  Have you ever seen the postal facility?  Thousands upon thousands of packages go through them and much of the handling and storage is done by machines.  If a package arrives usealed, poorly sealed it can indeed open up and if the contents fall out somewhere, there's no way to connect the contents to specific package.  Also, I'm sure there are glitchess in the machinery.  No one is going to risk their jobs for whatever you had in that package.  Yes, the exact same thing happened to me but it was not Amazon, it was another company.  That company sent me replacements for the two items that were not in that mangled, taped package I received.  My packaged was smashed and covered in tape with that note that said they had received it unsealed, or maybe it said poorly sealed.  I appreciated that they sent it to me so that I god get replacments.  They could easily have tossed it out and made fight with the the sender.