Trusted Contributor

Re: MY neighbor's 100th birthday

Happy Birthday to her! That is a wonderful idea. She will really enjoy that, for sure!

I sure hope someone puts me down before I get to 100. I have no desire whatsoever to live to be 100!

Trusted Contributor

Well, it sounds as if that sweet neighbor across the street from you has a sweet neighbor across the street from HER!!  What a wonderful gift.

Honored Contributor

How sweet!!!!! It would worth it just to see her face...What a thoughtful gift! Have a great time!

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

My sweet neighbor who lives across the street turns 100 today.  Her family is hosting a celebration for her on Saturday at a local country club.  ABout 60 people will be attending.  THe invitation stated "No Gifts" and what would you buy a 100 year old lady anyway?  

However I would like to do something special for her and have been racking my brain for ideas.  Suddenly yesterday it came to me like a bolt of lightening.  AFter checking with her daughter I have arranged for a barbershop quartet to serenade her with 3 or 4 songs from the WW2 era.  Her husband was a WW2 vet so that is her era for music.  HEr daughter was thrilled with the idea and I must admit that I am sitting here patting myself on the back for coming up,with the idea.

That is soooo cool!  You're a good neighbor and friend @KathyPet!

*Call Tyrone*