Esteemed Contributor

MY neighbor's 100th birthday

My sweet neighbor who lives across the street turns 100 today.  Her family is hosting a celebration for her on Saturday at a local country club.  ABout 60 people will be attending.  THe invitation stated "No Gifts" and what would you buy a 100 year old lady anyway?  

However I would like to do something special for her and have been racking my brain for ideas.  Suddenly yesterday it came to me like a bolt of lightening.  AFter checking with her daughter I have arranged for a barbershop quartet to serenade her with 3 or 4 songs from the WW2 era.  Her husband was a WW2 vet so that is her era for music.  HEr daughter was thrilled with the idea and I must admit that I am sitting here patting myself on the back for coming up,with the idea.

Honored Contributor

Re: MY neighbor's 100th birthday

You found the perfect gift. Give yourself a pat from me

Honored Contributor

She will love that

How thoughtful of you!

@KathyPet

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

What a wonderful gift and surprise.  Coincidentally, we went to a 100th birthday party yesterday for the sweetest gentleman.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

My sweet neighbor who lives across the street turns 100 today.  Her family is hosting a celebration for her on Saturday at a local country club.  ABout 60 people will be attending.  THe invitation stated "No Gifts" and what would you buy a 100 year old lady anyway?  

However I would like to do something special for her and have been racking my brain for ideas.  Suddenly yesterday it came to me like a bolt of lightening.  AFter checking with her daughter I have arranged for a barbershop quartet to serenade her with 3 or 4 songs from the WW2 era.  Her husband was a WW2 vet so that is her era for music.  HEr daughter was thrilled with the idea and I must admit that I am sitting here patting myself on the back for coming up,with the idea.

You should pat yourself on the back!  It has been proven that even with Alzheimers patients, MUSIC is the last thing they lose.  Fantastic idea!

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

What a sweet, thoughtful idea!

And I'm sure that all 60 attending will enjoy your thoughtfulness!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I lOVE it! Smiley Happy  what a great idea!  I'll have to remember something like this...give a gift of an experience rather than just another material thing!!

Respected Contributor

What a fantastic idea and gift, that will be enjoyed by all!👏🏻

Honored Contributor

For your neighbor,

Image result for happy 100th birthday animated images

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet, what a great idea!  Your neighbor will love that as will everyone else.  Wishing her a wonderful birthday.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!